"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

"The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase; if you pursue happiness you'll never find it." - C. P. Snow

***

How many mistakes can you spot in the following?


Subject: NYTimes.com: The New York Times in Print for April 22, 2009

Message: The New York Times E-mail This
This page was sent to you by: ***@hotmail.fr

Message from sender:
Dear friend, Greeting in the name of our lord Jesus Christ. I am Mrs. Alizeta Ouedraogo, a widow to late Theodore Ouedraogo. I am 54years old, a new Christian convert, suffering from long time pancreatic cancer. From all indication, my condition is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious that I won't live more than six months according to my doctors. This is because the cancer has gotten to a very bad stage. My late husband was killed during the Cote'd Ivoire civil war, and during the period of our marriage we couldn't produce any child. My late husband was very wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth. The doctors has advised me that I may not live more than six months; so I now decided to divide the part this wealth, to contribute to the development of the less privileged ones around the globe. I selected you after visiting the Internet and I prayed over it. I am willing to donate the sum of 5,000,000US dollars, to help, widow and they less privileged ones in the rural areas. Please I want to note that this fund is lying in a state owned bank. I honestly pray that this money, when transferred will be used for the said purpose; because I have come to find out that wealth acquisition without Christ is vanity. May the grace of our lord Jesus the love of God and the fellowship of the holy sprite be with you and your family. I await your urgent reply. Yours Sister in Christ. Mrs. Alizeta Ouedraogo.

TODAY'S PAPER
The New York Times in Print for April 22, 2009



Most E-mailed
1. Well: What Are Friends For? A Longer Life
2. Op-Ed Columnist: Swimming Without a Suit
3. Op-Ed Columnist: To Tweet or Not to Tweet
4. More Wii Warriors Are Playing Hurt
5. An Effort to Save Flint, Mich., by Shrinking It

» Go to Complete List

Copyright 2009 The New York Times Company | Privacy Policy
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes