"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The way I blog is like how cartoonists do comic strips - working in small spurts every now and then, accumulating a buffer of material and pushing it out regularly (or semi-regularly) rather than doing a new strip everyday. Unfortunately this also means I don't do well on timeliness indicators (ie The time-relevance of posts).


A much-delayed followup to:

Rebrab Moor: The Community, and
A response to We Are Bloggers, Our Name Is Legion

Some time ago, I remarked to Tym that I didn't read blogs (not regularly, anyway), and she quipped: "how will you know what to blog about then?" Interestingly enough, this encapsulates a major reason why I don't read them regularly (I stopped when I went to the Land of Pot, Hookers and Euthanasia) - a lot talk about the same things, or about each other.

Whereas there is value in the network effects and the peer review (of sorts) that occurs, I suppose I grew tired of it after a while - diminishing marginal returns sets in very quickly after reading 2-3 dissections of the Budget (this also explains why I am ASAP and don't get in on the 'Let's all blog about the same thing' pseudo-memes - there isn't necessarily much to add). Also, specific issues aside, broader themes begin to repeat themselves after a while across issues - plus c'est la meme chose, plus ça change.

Perhaps one reason explaining the longevity of this site (while some other sites, eg Rebrab Moor, have gone static and others have totally disappeared) is that I don't bother to weigh in on issues unless I feel like it, and others instead feel compelled to comment and lose interest in blogging later on. Or maybe I'm just nostalgic for the good ole days of the Wild West, hurr hurr.

Someone: "the problem is that your ideas seem different from the rest
u know u can think of urself as a jew among muslims"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes