"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, March 23, 2007

YouTube: the latest home of chain letters.

Someone commented that my hair felt better than it looked. This was why rebonding was a good idea. Style trumps substance. What a corrupt world!

Someone observed that SAS (Singapore American School) produces alumni with a very strong identity, whereas American schools without uniforms do not have this effect. UWC (United World College) people are also proud of their alma mater. So maybe there is something to the uniform thing after all.

I forgot to add 'poisoning the well' to the list of 'Favourite Singaporean modes of argument', which now reads: 'Ad hominem attacks, poisoning the well, non-sequiturs and reporting to authorities'. I seem to have been conflating the first 2 fallacies recently. Oops.

If authorities keep responding to frivolous complaints, expectations adapt and this just encourages more morons to go and complain. Which, besides giving the authorities more work, also disrupts society.

Promoting circumcision for cleanliness is like promoting castration to control urges.


Presumably Bus D is run during school term to shuttle students quickly from one faculty to another for their Cross-Faculty Modules. Yet, when I returned to school during the Mid-Semester Break (yes, I am very sad) it was still in operation, and naturally almost empty.

I spoke to someone who was very bad at Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Programming, but was coerced into Chemical Engineering by parental units. Hai.

During the USP open house last Saturday, my group was preparing for our Democratic ImPossibilities in Singapore project, so we were in school when the J3s (and one intrepid ACJC J2) came by to tour chatterbox. Besides shouting to them that PGP sucks, we thought of telling them: "USP also offers you the chance to come back to school and do projects on weekends, like us".

Ribena at Bukit Timah was self-service, so I filled up my cup - and was charged 70 cents since there was no ice in it (it was 50 cents with ice). Slightly annoyed, I asked the vendor how much ice would qualify me for the lower price: one cube? This is really ridiculous. On the same day, the soy sauce the Japanese stall gave me for my sushi tasted like the salty soy sauce instead of the sour soy sauce, and on questioning the woman claimed it was the right one.

A part-time Masters student told me that working and studying at the same time is a really bad idea.

I've never been in school on so many free days, weekends and holidays as this semester. Naturally, this means my vital statistic is going to plunge once more.

We're one step ahead of NUS! They provide us with many IT tools, but some of them are very cumbersome to use. So instead of using the 'Project' feature on IVLE we started a wiki. Hurr hurr.

Given that NUS has so many ECAs, maybe I should form a support group for men with long hair.

They sell Stroopwafels in the co-op, but at $8.90 for 12 mini-sized ones. Of course, this is because they're Gouda's Gilde. Another brand retails for $1 for 1 normal sized stroopwafel. The amount of exotic foodstuffs sold there is really quite amazing.

They were selling 'God's Little Devotional Book' at a bazaar. At first I saw 'God's Little Delusional Book'.

I saw a White Apple sticker on the cover of someone's Thinkpad. Wth.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes