"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Since late Monday afternoon, I've been felled by a halfway delibilating ailment passed on to my whole family courtesy of my sister. This inadvertent act, of course, is not what upsets me, but the blase way in which she carries about her business.

I was fine on Tuesday evening, but when I was playing Rome: Total Realism on the desktop, she came in to play the stupid game - Lines - that she always plays on my palmtop, despite my pointing her towards a java version that she can play on her laptop. Her lame excuse? "It's more fun to play it on the Palm". I told her to go away - more than feasible since she was playing on my palmtop - so she wouldn't reinfect me. She refused, even having the temerity to suggest that I be the one to leave the room, and continued sitting on the bed and playing the stupid game. She even came up with another lame excuse - she was playing it in the same room as I because she wanted to return me the palm. Then again, she doesn't always bother to return it after she finishes playing the game, so there's some truth in that, even if only due to her laziness. I told her that if I felt sick the next day (Wednesday), she would be responsible due to her intransigent refusal to leave the room.

So on Wednesday I awoke and after the haze of sleep had been cleared from my eyes I felt a throbbing in my brow; as I'd predicted, I'd been reinfected. "I'm not infectious anymore" my foot. And so I skipped lunch and wasted most of the afternoon as I'd spent Monday evening - moaning in bed. feeling miserable, and sleeping off the worst of the contagion.

Of course, my sister might not have been the vector, but then she'd had the most extended contact with me the previous day, had still been sick and above all, had already been warned by me. Oh, and she had been abducting Blue Bear since she first fell ill and had been cuddling him all the while, so he might've been another possible vector (in any case, my sister is still at fault). She claimed that hugging him made her feel better. Perhaps, but it ultimately makes me feel worse since I've gotten infected twice, so he's currently in hiding until she can't infect him (or rather, me through him) anymore. And since she likes to camp in proximity to me while playing the stupid game, with the lame excuse that "I want to talk to you" (though she almost always ends up playing the game silently), and it takes great effort to evict her from my room, I'm locking the palmtop until she recovers. Hopefully I will have recovered by the time I awaken on Thursday morning (or maybe afternoon).

There's also the story of her disgusting week old tea cups (emphasis here is on the plural - she doesn't just stick to one, which all of us would be fine with) which are stained so badly that they need several rounds of scrubbing, but that can wait for another day. Besides, I already impounded her tea bags for half a day for the disgusting and inconsiderate behavior which she so laments in others, and for which she has similarly punished me for in the past.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes