"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, November 24, 2001

To bring the topic away from tech stuff (hey, even I didn't understand the directx post):

I don't watch TV much anymore. In fact, before today, I don't think I'd watched a full programme for a while.

After a badly-dubbed Doraemon was my favourite show, which is back on TV! After being jettisoned by Central some time last year (?), I can now watch it again, and TWICE a week (Saturday and Sunday). Andrew Gan called me up last Sunday and told me it was on (too bad he didn't call one day earlier, or I'd have caught the previous episode)!. I've missed only 1-2 episodes so far, I think.



Set controls to outer space now
Flying higher than ever before
Rangers (in Space!)

Go, Power Rangers!
Go, Power Rangers!
Go, Power Rangers!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, Power Rangers!
Go, Power Rangers!
Go, Power Rangers, go....in Space!



"the Power Rangers in Space, powered by Sheng Tai toys". Bah, bad line. And Sheng Tai toys is advertising Lost Galaxy toys even *before* the In Space season has ended. I believe there are at least 10 more episodes. The Psycho Rangers have not even made an appearance yet (they're due in 2 episodes' time)!

They attempted a rudimentary science lesson, about an asteroid heading towards Earth which was as large as the one which is theorised to have started the extinction of the Dinosaurs.

I first watched MMPR in... late 1995, if I remember correctly. I didn't catch it when it started, but I later watched the first few episodes at MPH Parkway Parade while I was waiting for someone (probably my sister). My sister loved to sabotage the VCR when I was away and it was taping MMPR or one of its various incarnations, and the physically block the TV set when I was watching it. She disapproves of this sort of shows. "Violence". Bah.

She used to pull the plug on the TV a long while back when I was watching Transformers. Come on, how much violence is there? They never shoot anyone, not even a robot. Combat is mostly firing into thin air, and the resolve the combat, the Autobots shoot a convenient outcrop of rock above the Decepticons' heads, which falls and traps them for a while. At least it's better than GI Joe, in which combat consists of destroying the other side's vehicles, while the drivers jump out of them just before the explode. (GAH).

Barbie in the Nutcracker toys were also advertised. "The Prince" doesn't really look like Ken. Aww. Apparently they are based on the Movie. A Barbie Movie? Go figure.



My parents were pestering me about prom just now. They think I should get a jacket. Right. Life had a feature on it yesterday. It was, interesting.



Andrew on my knowing Joan Tan's sister:
where do you get to know all these rgs girls? don't tell me they publish their icq no.s on those yearbooks (icq msg)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes