"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

From HWMNBN:


"My boy, when a woman is beautiful, she comes to expect a certain - how shall we say? - reverence from men. You should have had the good grace to be thunderstruck by her beauty.

Stunned into silence or, better still, into a babbling fool. Then she would have merely ignored you and answered your devotion with arrogant disdain. Now you
have slighted her, and she will hate you. Worse than this, she will do all in her power to win your heart."

"I don't think that makes a great deal of sense. Why should she try to win my heart if she hates me?"

"So that she can be in a position to treat you with disdain. Do you know nothing about women?"

"I know enough. I also know I don't have time for this foolishness. Should I apologize to her, do you think?"

"And let her know you know slighted she was? My dear boy, your education has been sadly lacking!"

--- Legend / David Gemmell
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes