"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, February 23, 2002

Combined bookout post:

Restored Post

I think physical and mental afflictions feed on and reinforce each other. This probably accounted for my breaking down when I went back to camp on the 13th. I also wasn't in much of a state (neither did I have the disposition) to take down quotes and notes for that half week.

Then again I think the volume of notes has decreased recently. Have I run out of things to say? Or have I just grown accustomed to being enslaved. Oh well.

We used to have, in the Recruits' Annex, a TV with no buttons (they were all removed for some reason), stuck at Channel 5. Now we have a new (or semi-new at any rate) one, with a VCD player too! Of course, we're only allowed to play legal VCDs. The illegal ones are resolved for non-recruits. Someone brought in a VCD of 2002, and while those with 5 O Level passes and above were at the SIT test, they watched the movie 5 times or so.

I'm less than 100kg now, so I have to do the SOC. Ahhh! I hate jumping down from such heights. Jacob's Ladder particularly scares me. I'm not worried about not completing it - I don't give two hoots about my ability or courage, just about being injured.

Apparently everyone, even mild mannered sorts, come out of Slavery spouting vulgarities. I am the only survivor, though unclean thoughts (of this nature!) sometimes trouble me. I think I will survive this assault on my sensibilities though!

I think the same guy who rasped "loop loop loop right loop" is at it again. He was leading one of the songs in Pitch Bender mode, with his pitch varying greatly. I wonder if he got punished.

Suggested way of telling rank: The lower the person's Smart 4 sleeves, the higher his rank.

My wrapping my towel at the chest level instead of the waist level is still causing no end of consternation and comments. People pronounce it disgusting - what's so disgusting about it anyhow? And now some are trying to tear the towel away. Gah.

We've passed by the old Camp 1 on a few occasions. It looks terrible and very dreary. I'm sure glad we don't have to live there anymore.

Due to my second attack of flu last week, I couldn't go for the SITuational Test. It was conducted by Bravo, my old company, so it was quite harsh. I just hope I'm not attached to another company to do it. I'll be with the Enhanced people then. Whee.

We had 3 blinds during the Live Grenade Throw. Which means we got back really late. Grr.

Apparently one person didn't know what 5BX was when he was quizzed by the Commanding Officer, so now the whole of School 1 has to do 5BX every morn. !@#$%^&*().

We had 2 washing machines to serve the whole company (slightly under 200 people). Now they have been removed. Ahhh!!!

After the Chinese New Year week, I was 89kg due to my bout of flu. Now I'm 89.5kg, probably due to water replenishment. Oh well, it earned me 30 pushups (20 + 10).

On the day before we booked out for Hari Raya, we had a Mat Food special for lunch. Too bad most of it was hot, so I couldn't eat it. Apparently they whipped up a feast for Chinese New Year too, but we were at Field Camp, eating Field Rations (bleah).

Just before they let us go, we had to go for the Battle Inoculation Course. Leopard Crawling and Back Crawling is tiring and painful. It was sunny during the days preceding BIC, but it *had* to rain just before we went. Luckily it wasn't enough to make the ground muddy. For some reason, they had 2 speakers blaring out battle noises while we were crawling. Quite dumb, I think. But after it I saw Sergeants and, yes, Officers (our OC even) cleaning weapons (the GPMG) for the first time.

I went to "8 on the Bay" for dinner last night. The waiter greeted me with "Just booked out, Sir?" and the waitress with "My brother also booked out today. Commandos". Well.


Quotes:

"Law Meng Soon, I don't want you to spend 4 months in BMTC and the only English phrase you'll speak is 'Permission to recover, Sir'"

"[On the impotent cough medicine from the Medical Centre] I use it to slepp [and only to sleep]"

"Description of SFG-87. Shape - oval shaped. Not like some fucker who said 'papaya' this morning... Does [a] papaya look like a grenade?"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes