"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, February 23, 2002

Woke up reluctantly. Very reluctantly. Funny how i'm becoming a bunk pig (snor-kkkkh). Got to know some more pple in ormond college over breakfast, returned to room to put clothes in washing machine. cycle would take abt 45 minutes, so I went down to the gym. Reluctantly again. Watched the clock: 10 minutes b4 the cycle was due i dropped everything and went gleefully back to check. At which point I realized i should have dumped my towel and workout clothes in too. Then I put my stuff in the dryer.
And it just occurred to me I had 45 minutes to get down to queen vic market to meet the rest of them (12 noon). Parents called, then I called danny to say I would be a *bit* late. Tried to turn the knob on the dryer so it would take less time, but clothes weren't dry yet.
Tried removing smaller, dryer items e.g. socks. Waited again. Folded some shirts/shorts that were dry. Jeans still quite damp. Waited again.
Jeans still a little damp, so I hung them on my chair (this guy i met said his clothes would dry very quickly in the afternoon, yeah it was past noon already) and left for queen vic market. 12.20pm. Took a tram, but by the time i had my coins ready and nobody else was using the ticket vending machine the tram had already reached queen vic market. Hopped off and called danny again. Oh, and 30 seconds into my phone call this old angmoh guy started yelling at me for hogging the phone. Met up with them at 12.45pm


Wandered abt market/city for most of the afternoon, made it back to college in time for dinner. Met more pple- including this ex-VJ choirgirl- who Doesn't want to join a choir in uni because of how hard her choir conductor was on the choirmembers. More and more interesting pple!

Hmm. My microfibre shorts have slits up the sides- they go down to midcalf, so the slit's from midcalf to knee. Suppose it's for running.

College orientation starts tomorrow lunch. I'd better go get sandals/slippers/thongs; didn't bring a pair and don't want to spoil my current sports shoes. Sports shoes. Which reminds me of the scene in "xiao3 hai2 bu2 ben4"- where the mum bribes her happening daughter by buying her a pair of the adidas(?) sports shoes she wanted from queensway, and the daughter forgot all abt her grudge with her mother and was ecstatic abt them, and the mum and dad discussed how easy it was to influence their children and mentioned the New Singapore Shares incentive in the same breath.

Andrew gan
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes