"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Surprisingly vehement comments I got in my Lenovo post:


Steve Jahmeister: Your comments about Lenovo's are just as your site is labeled "Balderdash".

I've been in the I.T servicing game more than 20 years, and we repair everything, all brands. To date I.B.M & Lenovo's globally have the lowest RMA and break downs under warranty. The uptime or run time before we see these for service on average is very very very long, unlike your crappy Dell computers.

Look even the letter D in Dell is defective, it’s fallen over!

However, I should be very thankful to Dell and their customers, because they make us LOTS OF MONEY! If you think I'm harping on, I suggest you do some Googling. Because these industry statistics are independent, and are reviewed by independent bodies for the industry and financial markets.

If your friend had a bad unit, this does happen from time to time. But more than often happens as a result of shipping, not poor components like Dells.
Dells break down like clock work and always have the same faults, because of cheap substitute components.

I think this is a cheap propaganda stunt to vilify a brand, because it’s changed financial hands on paper.
Its still pretty much the same company, and if you bothered to do your home work before you opened your mouth, you'd realize that the creative design innovator that brought the very first notebooks on to the market and coined the term THINKPAD, is still more 20 years latter the head of that same dept based in JAPAN [Manufacturing in China].

All key personnel have not changed, but financial arrangements have.
But telling the truth is never as controversial as dishing up bullshit, because your Asian knob friend was too cheap and probably brought his from a disreputable dealer in some back street hole.

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for!

Time will prove that nothing has changed; they will still make a very durable product that has QA Standards well above the industry norm, only paralleled by the German design innovators.

If they do bring out colored notebooks, which I know they intend to, it’s because customers whine about wanting to have funky designs, and that’s market share.

Unfortunately, they listen to whiners like you saying OH YOU'VE CHANGED.
Truth is no matter what they do, there will always be detractors.
So they'll continue to make a better product, and ignore the uneducated masses.
Then wait for your Dell to die, whilst your Lenovo will still be working 8 years latter.

Till then, I'll quote Forrest Forrest Gump………. “That’s all I got to say about that"

For the record I don't own an IBM or Lenovo. SG


Perhaps the personal accounts you hear of Lenovos breaking down are part of a worldwide plot to discredit Chinese brands. And I've no idea why he thinks I use a Dell (I use an IBM T42).

Frigid Girl's 8 month old T60 is mysteriously turning on and off spontaneously, as if it's possessed. Then again, I recently had to send in my unit for servicing because there was a fan error (the CD drive also couldn't burn CDs, on the upside I got it back in 4 days, but maybe that's because servicing in Singapore's still done by IBM). Around the same time, my friend's T42 also had the fan break down (apparently our batch of T42s was really messed up - other units had other problems). So maybe the decline preceded the takeover. (OTOH: I am told: "There used to be a rumour going around that the subsidised fujitsu laptops supplied to tetiary institutions were made from 2nd hand parts.")

As they say, "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." And this isn't even counting at least two people who also have reports of friend's Lenovos breaking down. Just because Dells suck more does not mean Lenovos don't suck, especially compared to IBMs. At least they cost much less.

One is also curious as to why you don't own any of the products you so glorify.

And 8 years? Give me a break. (Hard disks probably die after 5, and the motherboard's backup battery will be gone in about the same time)

[Addendum: On chrisloup's suggestion, I found this:

Technology Company Report Card | Greenpeace USA

"Lenovo - The lowest score of all companies. (1.3/10)"

Lenovo report

[Addendum: Frigid Girl's 6 month old Lenovo laptop now refuses to turn on. Yay.]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes