"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, July 08, 2002

I hate doing dirty work for NDP. I did medical cover for yet another technical rehearsal on Friday, presumably in case anyone was deafened by the overly-loud music, and medical cover for ticket distribution on Sunday.

I shiver to recall the time, long ago, when I was a gullible kid, taken in by the propaganda and brainwashing of all this "nation building". Erk.

On Friday, perhaps to atone for the last time when they underfed us, the powers that be granted us 16 boxes of Pizza Hut food packets, for 5 people.

Apparently we only do NDP cover when the person in charge is our Commanding Officer. Gah.

Listening to the pre-recorded choir, I think that the one used for NDP is probably the one used for SYF too. They're probably the ACJC one, since they sound JCish, enunciate their words properly and have no cheena accent.

The medics are always the last, or almost the last, to leave the site they're covering. Grr.

School kids have to learn the spastic "fun dance" too, says Andrew

A thought: Someone might one day, make judicious modifications to the National Anthem, like what I did with the NYPS school song. Hmm.


On Saturday, we booked in again to go for TDC (Ticket Distribution Centre I think) cover. Arriving at where we were supposed to wait, we ended up stoning for more than an hour, which meant our sleeping time was delayed by at least an hour. In the end we slept at 3:50am and woke at 6:20am. Well done, SAF. At least I got to sleep on my stretcher though.

Some people started queueing up from 1+AM. I don't understand why they want to see this so much. You've to pay me to watch NDP!

I was quite disturbed for a time because I got scolded by the 46SAR medic because he thought I was "showing attitude". I've no idea why he was so upset, because I really don't think I was.

Near the end of our long stay in Delta Sports Hall, there was a commotion from outside. Going to check it out, I saw a lot of fat Malay women behind the barricade. I still don't know what that was all about.


I recently noticed that the toilet that the medics use, and presumably, all the toilets in my unit, have a motion sensor, such that the lights turn on when you walk close by. Ooo.

Sentai music! Why do Japanese singers all sound the same?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes