"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, January 25, 2010

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson

***

I came across an ad for this site called EliteMeeting:


"Rich Women South Africa: Meet & Date Real Wealthy Women. Exclusive Elite Photo Personals!"

I was intrigued because:

i) Usually it's rich men who're advertised
ii) How would they ensure that the women were really wealthy?

So I logged on to the website and created an account.

Presumably for better matching, the website makes you specify your State/Province and Closest Major City. However, someone neglected to fill in the values for all the countries in the world (or at least for Singapore):



Strangely enough, though, Provinces and Cities for Somalia were available:



Piracy must be even more profitable than I had thought (on the up side, they let transsexuals onto their site).

Then, I was asked to fill in my occupation, educational level, income and net worth. The upper bound on options for the latter two were quite amazing:




Once I created an account, I found out that they actually verify your details, allowing you to fax in your photo id, income tax return, bank statements and professional certifications.

There're lots of complaints about fake profiles, though.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes