"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I managed to sneak up on Screwed Up Girl in Borders and wanted to flick my hair in her face. Unfortunately, I forgot that my bag was still on my shoulders so I ended up hitting her in the ribs.

One of my theories about why women go to the toilet more than men is that they have smaller bladders, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Indeed, since they have smaller boddy masses, they have proportionally bigger bladders and so should go less often.

One reason for the haze is that selling wood without a permit is illegal (probably for environmental reasons), even though waste wood can be used for wood chips, plywood and biofuel. Thus, there's a lot of wood to get rid off. Paying someone to clear it mechanically costs $250 per hectare. Setting it on fire only costs $5 per hectare. The choice is clear.

I had to send my laptop in for servicing again since the screen wasn't always turning on and it was back in 5 days (3 1/2 working days). Turns out it was a motherboard problem. They also replaced the wrist guard for free. At least the service is still good.

It seems since May 25th there've been 6-7 rapes in Johor (my friend's been counting). The Straits Times reports the victims as being Chinese girls, while Malaysian sources just call them girls. Neither mentions the race of the assailants.

***

The IPS lifts are the only ones I know of which have buttons you can toggle - pressing a lit one untoggles it.

People at work think I look like or have the impression that I am a PS student. But then as someone commented, he'd rather people think he look like a Political Scientist than an Economist.

Singapore must be the only authoritarian country in the world to fund people to say bad things about it.

Of the limited meal options in my area, the absolute worst is this cafe in PGP called "K Gourmet". The K stands for "Krap", "Kannot Make It" and "Kenna Sai". I ordered calamari and despite a cost of $3.50 the portion was tiny. Meanwhile someone else had carbonara which had chicken ham, thus making it doubly haram. The latter pissed me off so much that I brought Carbonara (made with lots of real bacon) to work for 3 of us the next week.

The Japanese cafe at Capricorn makes their curry with pork. They said it was because many people don't eat beef, so they changed the meat used. Some ask them to change it to chicken, but they think pork tastes better. I totally agree.

***

I saw a group of people walking down from Sheares to Kent Ridge Hall and wearing T-shirts reading: "I am a good looking freshie". I wanted to know which organisation was so shameless to have T-shirts saying that, so as I passed them I turned around - only to see them looking at me. How embarrassing. Another day, I saw a group of people wearing shirts reading: 'The camp your momma warned you about'.

Yes, Orientation season has started (actually it did a while back but I hadn't gotten enough material then yet) earlier this year thanks to Slavery being shortened. Because of the Dragon Girls (the Dragon Guys are delayed for 2 years by Slavery), it seems the gender ratio at Orientation Camps this year varies from 1:3 to 1:5, in favour of the guys. Which means it's a really bad year to do internships or go overseas, though the happy hunting grounds should be open all season.

In other news, SDU can't be very happy this year, nor will they be in 2 years time, thanks to the skewed gender ratios.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes