"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, May 04, 2003

'Miss Beautiful Legs 2003' competition at Tiong Bahru Plaza has slimming and spa vouchers for prizes. Bah. Like the winners need them.

I had 'plum wine jelly' at Restaurant J in M Hotel. It was... invigorating. It's the most unique dessert I've ever tasted, and it was so acrid that it made me jerk upright in my chair and my prostate twitch. And you wonder why the dessert buffet only had sliced fresh fruit and French pastries, and no other Japanese desserts.

One irritating thing about Windows XP - the multiple user concept means that settings get mixed up. Gah.

I seem to be getting only 4X writing speed from my CDRW but I'm sick of wrestling with USB for one week.

After my recent expenditure, I feel impoverished. I take some comfort in the fact that many of my fellow combat corporals have a great deal less in the bank than I. "Where does all my money go to? I also want to know."


Malaysia, taking a leaf from Singapore's book, was considering reprisals against the Economist for [unspecified] "baseless" accusations in its recent survey on them (Incidentally, I thought it was fine). Thankfully, cooler heads have prevailed and they are going to submit a list of "errors" in the survey to said publication, which will presumably publish it.

Other people, organisations and countries have been criticised before, have written in and had their letters published, so I don't see what the big fuss in Malaysia was, what with some burning copies of the magazine. Maybe it had never occured to them that they could actually -write- in to correct the alleged factual errors.

Supposedly, this behaviour is modelled on Singapore's. Perhaps this is why it is rare for Singapore to be featured in a less than neutral light (if at all) in the major media. Well - 'Silence Speaks Volumes'. From what I remember, though, Singapore has taken action mostly only when the offending publication has refused to publish its reply letter, thus denying it the right of reply. *shrug*


Short notes on X-Men 2:

Jean Gray looks better with long hair

The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants has shrunk further, from an anemic 4 to a pathetic 2.

Magneto still doesn't have the armour he has in the comic and the cartoon, but only the measly helmet

Spandex looks better than black rubberised suits
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes