"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, November 09, 2002

Another Saturday, and I'm immured at work. What is it with spending weekends doing productive labour?? One of my colleagues remarked to me wryly this morning, "I don't remember what my daughter looks like."

Ah, primary and secondary school holidays have begun - cry for lost freedom. Nothing has hammered home the reality of working life as forcefully as the sudden awareness this morning that, for the first time in my life, December is no longer a month to spend zoning in front of the PC - playing games, that is. Now all my zoning is for - *spit* - PRODUCTIVE purposes. Although I get paid for it, so...

Back to work. Shall clear as much effluvium from my desk as humanly possible; it might make my Monday a little easier to deal. Have a wedding tomorrow to go to as well; my ex-colleague's. Parents actually asked me - "how much angpao are you giving?" I said, "50RM". They immediately launched into a tirade at my niggardliness and the need to "show face". THIS, from the people who lambast me when I order too many fishcakes at the yong tau foo stall.

Shall now go an ascertain going market rate for wedding angpaos. *curses* I hate the trappings of civilization.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes