"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A followup to something from almost 2 weeks ago:

Original post: Exam tip.

"Wait! I think I hear the sound of papers flipping. Oh, that must have been the helpsheets. No. I looked to my right (I was at the first column). This girl sitting just next to me was flipping through her exam booklet. And there were no instructions to check our papers or to open the exam booklet. Then the one in front of her was also doing the same thing. The one behind her as well. I stared in disbelief. And this guy a few seats away was flipping the pages too. And yes, they are the PRCs. The Powerful Rapid Cheaters."

Stupid comments on the blog:

"do you honestly think 5-10 mins will make THAT much of a difference in your paper?... you my girl, is hopelessly mad at people who are smarter than you... don’t try to talk your way out of this, because it is pronounced all over your blog that you are indeed on jealous ghurl pren."

"My question to you is: why are you complaining on your blog when you didn’t raise your hand and point out the “injustice” to the invigilators?... you’re just whining here despite having done nothing."
Luckily, all Marx and Engels did was whine


Stupid comments on Tomorrow.sg:

"More xenophobia!"

"Gain a few minutes! Wow! That few minutes must be so crucial to your grades. Kiasu Singaporean on display here."

"What a racist."

"its allowed you Fcuking douchebag. My prof, a respectable singaporean Prof, even encourages it you fcuking frog in well cum douchebag"

"this has got nothing to do with them being PRCs you piece of shit! God save NUS if there are others like you there. You reek of xenophobia..."

"Dear diary,

Today I had an exam. They told us only pencils allowed. But this PRC brought pencils, pens and a water bottle! I am so angry! And its not an isolated case! I stared at him but he didn't stop drinking. Surely it should be constituted as cheating. I mean the rest of us have no water. By having water to drink, he could easily have an edge over us.

Next time I'm going to report. Scared his grades better than me."

"March in lockstep! Listen to your teachers! "They neber say, means cannot do wat!!!!" So much for initiative from a kiasu."
My comment: As my CSM said: "My briefing, never say cannot touch air stewardess - doesn't mean you can go and touch"


I decided to find out the official rules. The response I got"

"Thank you for your email. With regards to your query, I would like to emphasize that students are not allowed to read their questions papers except to check that there are no missing pages in the question paper before the start of the examination. This is announced very clearly by the Chief Invigilator. Students who breach examination rules and regulations are liable to disciplinary actions to be taken against him/her.

We would remind the invigilators to be vigilant so that they are able to respond quickly should they encounter it when they are on duty."

Personally, though, I can't recall whether this is always announced.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes