"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, November 13, 2002

Delta Secondary School has lots of chickens. And even there, I wasn't safe from "Army News", one copy of which was tacked on the notice board.

I didn't write a very good essay. "Does a study of history make you optimistic or pessimistic about the future of mankind?". Bleah. Forgot the stuff I read in Primary and Secondary School.

At least I remembered how to spell Hatshepsut ;)

Was very un-indulgent and un-cynical today. Wow.

There were quite a lot of ex-JC students taking the exam. Well, they looked like they used to be from a JC. Some foreigners too - I saw some passports. And there was a middle aged Indian couple - the guy was balding. Lifelong education indeed :) The invigilator caught one girl writing after time was up. Uh oh.

I was quite pissed to see that I had the only Green IC in the room :(

3 times the number of people taking the revised paper took the old paper. Not many were as foolhardy as I and my intrepid lot! But they cheated - at least 4, and probably all of the essay questions were shared between the two papers! And apparently, somewhere not too far away (well, this is Singapore), Aravind was retaking his too.

Comprehension was interesting. There was only one passage, which means that the teachers have been getting the format wrong all this while :) And, trite though it might be, was on Singlish. Hah! Some of the questions were quite odd. "[If they cannot switch between Singlish and English, they will be left behind] economically and socially" - "What is Mr Lee saying?". And it wasn't a "in your own words" question too. Erm.

I miss sentence making though. Making subversive sentences was most fun :)

GP was weird. David agrees. Cambridge is trying to be farnie this year.


"every time I talk to you
I must drop by dictionary.com...

there are some people who are older than you, and have trouble keeping up with your language"

Haha :)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes