"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Links - 26th March 2024 (1 - Tony Hawk)

Meme -
Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "At @Tillys with my daughter, waiting for her by dressing room, mask on.
Guy folding clothes nearby: "Anyone tell you that you look like Tony Hawk?"
me (looking over, expecting sarcasm but realizing he's serious): you have no idea
him: That's cool, he's cool
me: thanks!
him: huh?"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "At physical therapy, answering questions about my fingers:
therapist: have you ever had serious injuries prior to this?
me, deadpan (assuming she's joking): yes
her: how many times?
me, realizing she is not joking: many times
her: in the last 10 years?
me: in the last 40 years"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "To clarify: my legal name is Anthony
TSA agent checks my ID, looks at me, looks at ID, looks back at me quizzically and loudly says "Tony Hawk's my favorite skater"
Me: I'll tell him."

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "At a drive-thru, waiting on my order, looking at phone. Guy at window: "you kinda look like Tony Hawk"
me (turning towards him, assuming he is in on the joke): "haha, cool"
Him (looking disappointed): "well, from the side you do. Here's your food."

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "Guy approaches me while standing in line at coffee shop in Cancún.
Him: my friend says you are a famous person. Is that true?
Me: that depends on your definition of fame
Him: will you show up on Google if I search your name?
Me: yes
Him (typing into phone): you are Tony Stark?"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "TSA agent (staring intently): I'm trying to figure out who you look like before checking your ID.
Me: ok
TSA: that cyclist Armstrong!
Nearby agent: that ain't Lance Armstrong
Me: he's right
TSA: oh you look like that skateboarder (checks ID). Same last name too! Crazy!
Me: crazy"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "Woman on plane retrieving her luggage in the overhead: "Who's skateboard is this? It's blocking my bag"
me: that's mine, you can pass it here
her: "It's yours? You ride it?
me: yes
her: "Are you any good at it?"
me: sometimes
her: cackles maniacally, exits plane"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "Guy asks for a picture with me, woman nearby says "I don't know who you are"
me: I don't expect you to
her: what do you do?
me: I'm a pro skateboarder
her: are you from Huntington Beach?
me: no, I'm from San Diego
her: so you're not that guy with red hair that won the Olympics?"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "Flight attendant checking overhead bins, sees four skateboards
Him, jokingly: "is Tony Hawk on this flight or something?"
Looks down, sees me
Him: "I guess he is""

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "At a skatepark, older dude outside the fence sees me and yells (heckles) “do a kickflip!” So I did one. He then turns to his friend and says: “holy sh!t, he actually did it”"
"did you find this humiliating or liberating"
"I was just happy to make it first try"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "TSA agent (checking my ID): "Hawk, like that skateboarder Tony Hawk!"
Me: exactly
Her: "Cool, I wonder what he's up to these days"
Me: this"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "guy on escalator: Hey are you Tony Hawk?
me: yes
him: you still skate?
me: yes, quite often
him: but you're not that recognizable!
me: I'm not sure what that means ... but you recognized me, so here we are
him: [blank stare]
- escalator ends -"

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "Pulling up to drive-through window, girl starts to read back my order and stops herself: "you're Tony Hawk?"
me: yes
her: "can I tell everyone?"
me: I suppose
her: "yo, we got Tony Hawk at the window!"
voice from kitchen: "Who?""

Meme - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk: "Kid at skatepark: "Are you Tony Hawk?"
me: I am
him: "no you're not"
me: ok, I'm not
him: "but are you, FOR REAL?"
me: I am, for real
him: I thought you'd look younger
me: ME TOO"

Meme - "Tony Hawk is like fucking Perry the Platypus because if I saw him without a skateboard I'd be like "A man" and the second he picks up a skateboard I'd be like "TONY HAWK?!?!?!?!?!""
"This basically sums up all his tweets"
*Hawk* "A Hawk?"
*Hawk on skateboard* "TONY THE HAWK?!!"

Meme - "Playstation 2
"I wonder what he's up to these days." - TSA Agent
"You famous?" - Guy at restaurant "
girl at restaurant: "Are you Tony Hawk?" me: "Yes." her: "Why?" I had no idea how to answer.
"Who's skateboard is this?" -Woman on Plane
TONY HAWK'S EXISTENTIAL NIGHTMARE"

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes