"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hokkaido Trip
Day 1 (12/12) - Noboribetsu
(Part 2)

We then went to Jigokudani (Hell Valley) and the town of Noboribetsu.


Plaque


Me


Desolation



I wonder what I'm doing wrong




Shrine to the Earth God or something


Steaming landscape


Me


A glance back at civilization








Pool at the end of the walkable area in the valley


"Please don't put coins in it"
Evidently not a lucky pool




Artistic shot


Not-so-artistic shot.


Birds. I'd think they'd die of the sulphur fumes.


Visitor Centre information panel: how much calories you'd burn on the various treks versus how much you'd burn lying down

Lake Kuttara is ranked second in transparency among Japanese lakes. Wth. Do they have instruments to measure these things?!


Hotel room. For us to sleep on, the staff pulled out mattresses from the cupboards.


A more advanced toilet bowl than the last one


This model includes a vaginal douche as well as a butt washer and butt warmer. There's energy saving and a timer also. Don't ask me. (More on Jap toilets)

I went for a pre-dinner walk.


At first I thought this was just a god.


What happens after you insert 100 Yen.


More animatronics


Oni (demons)


Pachinko Parlor

At a 7-11 I saw a magazine behind the counter: 'Watermelon'. There was a girl in a bikini showing off her, err, watermelons.

I don't know how the townsfolk stand the smell of the place. They're probably used to it, like people who work in medical centres and students in one of my classes this semester. On the upside if you fart willy-nilly no one will ever know.


Shiroi Koibito I got at Chitose Airport


Dinner. Lunch was a lot (I didn't finish the rice) but dinner was even more.

I tried to go to an indoor hot spring (onsen) in trunks but was chased out by the attendant, so I missed this 'once in a lifetime' experience, just as I would similarly turn down a 'once in a lifetime' scat experience.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes