"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education." - Wilson Mizner

***

Entrance to the RJC staff room requires one to not only enter a code, but have one's fingerprint scanned. Presumably they fear that terrorists will come in and assassinate them.

Of course, since the door is left open half the time anyway due to the staff not wanting to inconvenience themselves needlessly, the system accomplishes manages to accomplish 3 things at the same time: bringing hassle into the daily lives of staff, raising the electricity bill (air con leakage) and raising the security quotient by a negligible amount.

Why they couldn't settle for a cheap, simple card scanner is unknown. I guess expensive security measures look good on paper.

***

I find that nowadays I have little desire to carry out anything more intense or protracted than short blog-sorties, ergo the (temporary?) disappearance of my blogroll. But then I was never really plugged into the whole mainstream blogging circuit in the first place, though it helps in escaping most of the politics.

Perhaps RSS coerces people into reading blogs because everything's already collected nicely for them in a centralised location, and even if they open their readers to check only one site, the unread feeds will stick out like a sore thumb and seduce people into checking them.

***

Someone: anyhow, so your place next fri cfm ah ?

Me: cfm?

Someone: CONFIRM

Me: haha
I thought CFM = come f*** me

Someone: fuck you lar

Me: true what
I've only ever seen CFM stand for that

***

"5. Motivation

Please add a statement of purpose for studying at Utrecht University"

My sister suggested I write 2 words: "Vlaamse Frites".

***

Since Jack Chick tracts are blocked by the MDA, I had to revert to my second order preference and visit Steven Lim's website.

"16 August 2005 0442hrs - Catherine Chan, you are still the one I love most in this life....

Dear readers, this blog is specially dedicated to Miss Catherine Chan Wei Yee. You may ask,"Who the heck is this monkey?" Dun insult her... because this is the girl that I once really love so much till the point of no return...I cried for her, heart pain and had done many sweet little things for her. This NUS undergraduate made me wanted to see her every single day. N she is my 3rd ex-girlfriend. Beginning to end barely lasted for 4 months. We met in Mirc in Jan 2003..She used the nick of Starfairy, n me, Sghunk..We chatted craps n the following next day, we met at city hall mrt station. I was late n she mistook another idiot as me n she was planning for an "escape" route...fate created miracle, I caught her just before she turned in to the toilet as I recognized her face from the pic. Thanks God for sending me an angel... She was so beautiful, slim, tall, and very power...We almost liked each other immediately n passion ran high in Suntec City. We kissed n played at the fire escape staircase n we unofficially got ourselves a lover on 25th Jan 2003... I bought two hand phones for her, bought her flowers n gifts as I was pretty rich that time n I love her so dearly...We kissed again on Valentine's Day..I bought her a ring and I told her how much I love her...She bought me a black jacket which I m still using now. She even eloped with me to run away from her very protective mother just to be with me. She stayed in my house for two full weeks and I neglected my work, but I dun care...cos I had found the one...Her Malaysian mother threatened to report police if she dun return..Finally, her mum pretended to give in n asked her to bring me to visit her in Malaysia. We will overjoyed! I tot we can be together finally...I was wrong...Catherine's passport was confiscated once we reached there on 20th May 2003. Her mum is a fucking liar!!! I hate her.....She even beat her own daughter in front of me with a wooden pole.. Seeing my baby yelping in pain, my heart pain pain..Ouch!..I turned crazy n yell at her mum......Bad moves, End of Steven/Catherine fairy tales... =( Two lovers being torn apart forever.....since then, I never met her again... = ::( 20th August 1984 is Catherine's birthday..... This year's coming soon... Thank you for leaving me..... such a memorable love story which I will never forget even I close my eyes for the very last time... Happy Birthday to you, Catherine...!"


This sounds like a sub-plot in a bad Channel 8 soap opera. Especially since there doesn't seem to be anyone in NUS by that name. Maybe she left NUS after the trauma of the breakup (or the relationship, if you like).

But then the question arises: who is the girl in this picture?

***

Download more RAM! - "Is your computer running slowly? Do you need more RAM? Then simply choose the amount you need from the list below and it will automatically be added to your computer. How easy is that?"
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes