"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My mother says the kitchen must be clean before she will cook because she can't work in a dirty environment. So after I cook, my brother-in-law cleans up, then she cooks and cleans up again.

Go figure.

This is why everyone wants to move out, although it's extremely expensive.

I'd go over to Tampines to cook, but for the following reasons:

1) Rosie will bother me, and maybe even eat and contaminate the food when I'm not looking
2) I'll have to waste more time in that godforsaken area
3) The fridge there is small and usually half-filled with ta pao boxes
4) Some things are indivisable - I currently have half a courgette and 1/3 of a carrot left. My mother can dispose of them (though I'm not sure what she can do with the courgette)
5) The food selection in the East isn't that good
6) His kitchen is poorly equipped and the gas isn't even on; duplication is almost as stupid as cleaning the kitchen before cooking and then cleaning it again
7) I don't want to leave half a courgette in the fridge for a week (min)


I also told her that I'd cook the ta pao boxes for my brother-in-law this week, then mid-way she rushes in and tells me not to cook because she's already done it (as well as my lunch for tomorrow).

Her rationale was that we took so long to come back, so she thought I wasn't cooking already. She then complained that last week I'd told her at the last minute that I wanted lunch, and this was after she'd cleaned everything up already.

If she'd just told me last week, I would have bought it in school and saved everyone the trouble.

Gah.

Now I've to figure out what to do with all this food; my brother-in-law flies next Sunday for 3 weeks so I can't save it for then.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes