"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, June 05, 2006

I was making onion-cream chicken ("Zwiebel-Sahne Hähnchen") and garlic herb potato pieces from mixes someone bought for me.

I thought we only had 1 baking tray, so I tried putting the chicken on a plate and shoving in into the oven, but it couldn't fit. Figuring that the potato pieces needed to be baked more than the chicken, I prioritised them.

After browning the 4 drumsticks, I put them and the sauce on the stove on medium heat. The chicken powder mix didn't dissolve properly in the cream - at first I thought I was screwed, but then I realised it was probably the onion bits.

The recipe for wedges calls for raw wedges but mine are pre-cooked slices. After 20 minutes in the oven the potatoes weren't crispy and I was supposed to turn them after 22 1/2 mins.

By the time I found the other oven tray and had transferred the chicken to it, the potato pieces were slightly overdone so I took them out of the even; in the end they crisped properly after all. So I had another baking tray to wash since I had to eat the chicken immediately (after microwaving it for 1 1/2 minutes to make sure it was cooked).

While eating, I realised that herb and garlic potato slices are not the best thing to eat with chicken with onion-cream sauce. I should've cooked rice to pour the sauce over, but I wanted to use up the 250g of pre-washed/peeled/sliced potatoes I had. Also, I'd added water to the onion-cream chicken because on the stove it was boiling down and I wanted to have some sauce at the end. Apparently it doesn't work that way because now I've a small layer of yellow water and a larger layer of sauce below it.

The worst part is I'm still hungry after 2 drumsticks and 250g of potatoes. Gah. This is what happens when you skip breakfast. At least for dinner I'll know to eat the 2 remaining drumsticks with rice.


I can always try making Zwiebel Sahne Hahnchen myself from a recipe, but not having access to whatever flavourings they add in for the extra kick, it won't be as nice.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes