"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, October 14, 2002

NB: This post deals with my religious beliefs, so please don't read it if you think you may be offended.
And i would appreciate it if you contacted me directly by icq or email if you had any comments, instead of leaving one-line smartaleckyremarks.

For all those whom I haven't been in contact with, i've been reorganising many parts of my life.

I quit the college choir about 2 weeks ago. I spoke to the dean, who volunteered to speak to the choir conductor on my behalf. I attempted to call the conductor on several occasions: I reached his wife once, and left a note in his pigeonhole as suggested. Whether or not he clears the copious stack of mail in his pigeonhole is his affair. Have told ross, edgar, meta, kate, claire (in chronological order) and I don't feel obligated to speak to anyone else about my leaving the choir. (As of today when i spoke to claire she didn't seem to know that i had left choir permanently)

I moved out of my on-campus residential accommodation in Ormond college one and a half weeks ago and am now staying in an apartment on swanston st with a housemate, a singaporean guy i met in ormond. I really like my apartment- it might be old, and i have to walk up 2 flights of stairs, but i love my spacious room (with a balcony!) and the kitchen (i've already commenced baking) and having my own space and my own life. And my own computer.

I baked a carrot cake for my ocf cell group- they came over to my place for home cell last friday and the cake turned out pretty good! Will bake another one to use up the carrots, and try something else... something safe like cookies maybe.

It's my birthday this saturday. I don't have anything planned for it ... if nothing comes up i'll spend saturday shopping maybe. My bunch has something planned tomorrow after the test in the afternoon.... 7pm at crown, dinner and maybe a movie after that. I'm not too keen on the movie part- very few good movies being shown now. I don't know what else they have planned, but i'm thinking of using the few hours between test and 7pm to do some more baking.... but i don't have any containers big enough to carry food around. Tupperware!

In other news, I completed the workers training course... ended with a Very exciting retreat in ballarat.
Over the last few weeks, God's been challenging me to give myself up to Him and God's been working, he's been changing my life in so many ways and so magnificently ... at some points I was so low and so depressed i couldn't handle myself anymore ... i was an emotional wreck... but God's been pulling me through... thru bringing people to minister to me and thru my discipler and thru God's Word and his Holy Spirit speaking into my soul. It's a new direction that God has pointed me towards, and though I can't see the end, I can't see the entirety, I know it's going to be good- just being in His will and purpose. It's not going to be easy, but at least I'm not going down alone.


I also wanted to say that I won't be posting on this blog on a frequent basis anymore. If you want to contact me, drop me a line by email or sms my mobile at +61411811260. I don't want to lose touch with all of you but i'll be hitting the whole round of yr blogs less and less.

Andrew gan
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes