"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, April 02, 2002

I hate the Nokia 8310. Everytime I try to use my father's, I can never turn it on because the power button is so tiny. Hell, I can't press any of the keys. Or rather I press more than one key at a time.

I saw Xephyris' Playstation 2 yesterday. Ooo. However, the top is incongrously larger than the bottom so it looks a little weird. Metal Gear Solid 2 is tongue in cheek - You can hide in a cardboard box and move around. Oh, and you have cigarettes as an equipable item. And opening a locker early in the game shows a poster of some Chinese woman.

I saw Timothy Ang at Cineleisure yesterday when I went to watch Waterboys with the usual crowd (Sister and brother in law). The movie is fun.

There was some girl with puffy lips, and who pursed and thrust them out. It took me some while, but I put my finger on it. The other person I knew of who did that - Zhengyu. Though I'm not sure about now, if he still does that. I mastered the art of pursing and thrusting my lips out like him sometime ago, and I think I still do it quite well.

My second waking today was at about 1pm =) My sister brought me to lunch at about 3 and then went to work, so I went to walk about Orchard Road.

Down the road from RGS, one finds the SDU. Hrm.

I love Sunny Bookshop. Bought the Feist/Wurt's Empire series today and Magii of Cyador. The former was mint and the latter near mint. Even their mint quality books are sold for cheaper than major bookstores! And their selection is always good.

I was too late for the Secondary School dismissal crowd, but I did get some stragglers, and JC students.

Later, Screwed Up Girl asked me to go to RJ to talk to her. Because I was bored, I went, and when I reached she informed me she had choir. !@#$%^&*(). I then decided to make today "Look For RJ Guys With Shaven Heads Day" [Ed: I am told that they are waterpolo players]. Earlier in Orchard I'd seen one, walking with a schoolmate who was clothed in purple. I found 3 in RJC itself - one ex-AC kid, one in the canteen in PE Uniform and 1 in PE shorts and with a T-Shirt which I couldn't see close up but which said "XVI" at the back.

I also bumped into some people. Johann hailed me as I was walking to RJ. His sideburns look rather untidy and tangled. A ways down I saw Yingying walking by while I was talking to Gengyang, who has grown a shadow of a moustache. I'd grown used to seeing her with Wang Yi, so it was a little weird seeing her unaccompanied. Her hair is VERY obviously dyed now. A03 in an A01 class! Later, I saw Shiming aka "sparkly eyes" (I didn't come up with that). They are actually quite sparkly :) but lately he has gotten some red bumps (aka pimples) on his face. I told him to beware stalkers. Hehe. And I was told that "You look much fitter".

Me: Do I have a look of torment?
Him: You're not showing it.

Shameless week is currently underway! Someone took a picture with the statue of Stamford Raffles. Eugh. I'd actually been informed of it by my source, but it was worse than I'd thought :)

There was this group campaigning on the platform of, of all things, toilets. Like they're going to be able to do much. I'll believe it when I see them cleaning the infamous toilets :)

Exhibit A, one of GSM[aka toilet group]'s posters:
want ya doors to lock?
want toilet paper?
want nice-smellin' toilets?
VOTE FOR GSM'02!
YA BUSINESS,
BIG OR SMALL,
IS OUR CONCERN

I was looking at the boards at the back of the canteen where they put the biodata, so to speak, of the campaigners. For some reason, they all have mission statements this year. The evil of new age management kitsch! Some ex-MGS girl decided to be cheapskate by stealing a MGS motto - "For M*, For G*, For S*", where I've forgotten what should go in place of the asterisks and claiming that it could be applied to RJC :) This other guy was looking at the board too and I asked for his opinion on the most dumb mission statement. He offered "improving reception" and I must say I agree :)

To my horror, I've found out that yet another of my juniors is running for Council - David, who lives in my estate. Horror, shock. A warning that I sent him:

"ahh I shall regale you with anti council propaganda
and you will be glad I'm not in RJ :)
because I was the no 1 enemy of the council!
hehe"

Muaha.

Much has been said about "Half-U". In Secondary one, Yong Chin used to parade his version of Half U after PE - white shirt with PE shorts. I saw this put into practice today - this girl was walking about with the purple RJ blouse and PE shorts. Ugh.

As part of the short-long-short-long hair cycle, Mrs Kwan is now keeping her hair long. It's now long enough to tie up! While I was talking to her, Mdm Teng was at the other table. She mentioned the "walking skeleton" matter, but seemed rather amused :)

CWC's broken their sacred tradition! They no longer meet on the sacred day (Friday), instead having their coven on Tuesdays. They also do not convene at the usual altar (1-10), instead assembling at a new sacristy (TS 3). So says their Chairman, who was wearing Hot Socks but fervently denied it, claiming they weren't hot because they were visible and that they didn't expose her ankles in the morning. Bah :)

I think I've found a successor to 11 year old girl. Tentatively, I've assigned her the age of 10. She has conservative taste in shoes (black and white).

I happened to see Flesh Parade performing again. Needless to say, I found it mirth inducing as usual. This time there were 3 guy-girl couples rehearsing for some dance. One fo the guys got kicked by his partner, eheh. I found the parade rather interesting on an intellectual plane - the usual moves in guy-girl dances have the female performing the submissive moves, accompanied with deferring gestures, but the dance they were performing had a roughly equal balance of male and female dominant moves, at least to my untrained eye. The performers seemed amused too, chuckling and laughing, while one even fell onto the floor in mirth. Looks like I'm the only one who is amused by Flesh Parade, though I do suspect the reasons they were so agitated were entirely different from mine :) Especially since I heard irregular, deep breathing from them when they were rehearsing.


Onion, chives and parsley or a variation thereof is a very popular dip flavour. Mmm.

My friend in my younger sibling school tells me that a question for her Secondary 3 Orals last year was "Describe your ideal husband". Looks like those who follow item 44 of How Girls Waste Time, Drawing up elaborate lists detailing their "ideal" man and exchanging them with other similarly emotionally disturbed girls, gained a distinct advantage!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes