"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, September 17, 2006

"I don't need a baby growing inside me for nine months. For one thing, there's morning sickness. If I'm going to feel nauseous and achy when I wake up, I want to achieve that state the old fashioned way: getting good and drunk the night before." - Ellen DeGeneres

***

According to The Campus Observer (Student representation in NUS), the NUSSU Council can "take disciplinary action against any member who has acted in any manner derogatory to the union". Considering that membership is both automatic and (I think) compulsory, this would seem to be Kafkaesque (kind of like "You are soldiers now, so you must submit to our Stupidity, Sadism and Senselessness"). If I make legitimate criticisms of NUSSU, does that mean they'll stop me drinking from the Milo van?

Last time when I was doing Physics I noticed that they liked to derive 10,000 formulae which were essentially rearrangements of each other and was wondering why they went to such trouble. After getting funny results in portfolio analysis I realise why - when you substitute in numerical values and perform algebraic manipulation, mistakes can appear, so it's better to find a formula which will give you the value you want immediately on substituting.

I tried using an external wireless card in school and I finally could get reception where none could be had before with my internal wireless adaptor. Some others were complaining, and one claimed that IBM antennas are different from those of other brands.

Some time ago I was told a vicious rumour that USP students were not allowed to vote in their home faculty elections, just as they can't play for their home faculty in inter-faculty games. A friend of mine managed to vote in her business elections, so my curiosity was piqued. I went to see if my name was on the Arts electoral roll and it was. Bloody hell. Never believe everything you hear (especially not if it is that ghee and lard are the same thing).

There was some "BS35645.a" document, a "Code of practice for love/romance", which defined "Romance" as "A Roman Civil Engineer". Unfortunately I can't find it online.

Someone once claimed that NUS produces good paper engineers, but NTU produces good practical engineers.


I don't know why people bother to wear jackets which don't even cover the whole of the top half of their body. Even better: their bottom halves are barely covered.

I find the practice of wearing a tight cardigan and buttoning only one button in a strategic spot to emphasise the bosom very irritating.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes