"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"A chess genius is a human being who focuses vast, little-understood mental gifts and labors on an ultimately trivial human enterprise." - George Steiner

***

A friend was complaining that her boyfriend would not say "I love you," even if explicitly asked to do so. The only exception, she said, was when they were in fact in the act of making love. Then, if asked, he would say the sacred words.

I suggested that she should not take too much comfort in the exception. When making love, I explained, men will say anything.

"He'd tell you he's the Easter Bunny if that's what he thinks you want to hear," I told her. The conversation rattled on from there.

A couple of weeks later, she related the following. "We were in bed, making love and I said, 'Tell me you love me'."

He said, "I love you."

I said, "Tell me you're the Easter Bunny."

He stopped for a second, and said, "I'm the Easter Bunny."

"So I slapped him."

The poor guy probably still doesn't know what happened.


The above is a joke, not an anecdote.

Someone: and this is surprising how?

it is a direct consequence of two factors:
1) men think about sex all the time
2) men cannot multitask.

feel free to deny

hgwt # unknown: constantly obssessing over why their boyfriends/fiances/husbands will not say "i love you" to them.

Me: my preferred explanation:
women are weird and ask for irrational things, which men give because they don’t want to lose. unfortunately, like the question "am I fat", there is no correct answer to it

***

" " - the Doomsday Tag - "" "'s exact method for infecting pages has not yet been discovered. Whether it is transmitted through a network connection, between pages sharing the same host, or through unprotected cybersex is uncertain. What is certain is that it is spreading rapidly throughout the World Wide Web. If current trends continue (see graph below), within six years, over 99% of network traffic will consist entirely of " "s and surfers on the information superhighway will find themselves waiting as long for pages to load as real-life surfers have to wait for a decent whitecap to come rolling up I-85."

Michigan man jailed on assault charges after handshake sickens 3 people - "During a Dec. 21 court appearance on a traffic charge, John Ridgeway pulled out a vial of an unknown liquid, rubbed his hands with the contents and insisted on shaking hands with the three people, authorities said."

Silicone satisfaction - "In an attempt to get the low-down on this burgeoning business, Dacapo magazine sent two intrepid students to try out the service. First up, so to speak, was 21-year-old Hiroshi. Opting to watch a racy video beforehand to get himself in the mood, he was disappointed to find that, “After I undressed her, I was upset to see that her head hadn’t been properly screwed on.” This inauspicious start set the tone for Hiroshi’s rubber rendezvous, and despite a few tender moments, the experience wasn’t an especially good one. “I felt something, but it also gave me something of a guilt trip, and I was asking myself, ‘What am I doing here?’ and I guess at that point I got completely turned off.”"

What art is hiding on your microchip? - "More than 10 years ago, Michael Davidson went looking to capture the beauty of microchip circuitry in photographs. In among the transistors and wire traces, he found something unexpected: Waldo."

http://www.ie7.com/ - IE 7 leaked!

Internet Explorer 7 Build 5299 (Beta 2 Preview) - First Firefox wanted to look like IE, now IE wants to look like Firefox. Complete with Search Box, Live Bookmarks (same icon at that), a cleaned up navigation toolbar and "Sanitize Firefox" option.

Collegecuteness.com findings correlate with shirt slogan - "The University of Chicago has never been known for the beauty of its student body. But now, thanks to the website CollegeCuteness.com, those who bemoan the lack of eye-candy may find some solid evidence. In a study of freshman girls from 10 schools nationwide, the U of C ranks last in terms of physical attractiveness, according to a study conducted by Aaron Puri and Jason Scimeca, both second-years in the College... through statistical analysis, Puri and Scimeca determined that only the University of Puget Sound had more than a five percent chance of rating lower than Chicago."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes