"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, October 12, 2002

So it's an early saturday morning, and I was awoken by the construction work next to my new apartment accommodation. Munching on 4 slices of wholemeal bread thickly spread with Vegemite and downloading kazaa.

I could honestly say I had never dreamt i would be in this circumstances.

In other news, i have 2 plasters on the same hand for the second time this week (when i first moved in last saturday i had 2 plasters on my fingers for cuts while moving furniture. The plasters stayed on for 3? 4 days)- these were incurred while - sweeping - the balcony (it's just been such an accident-ful day: i walked into closed doors twice- consecutively- yesterday). I could leave off with the plasters, just that i hate the stinging feeling when they touch soap.

Last night, my ocf cell grp came over to my apartment for home cell. They were having dinner at mark's place while i was... baking a cake. Yes, baking. I finished classes at 3.45pm and decided to go to safeway to buy ingredients- i needed something that would make me feel happy. Went off to bake it and it took longer than expected (by the time i joined them for dinner everyone else had finished eating. Siew min innocently asked "Were you cleaning up your house?" while the rest looked expectantly at me).

Anyway, it was a carrot-banana cake... actually a carrot cake because i forgot to add in the bananas. It came out chaoda but everyone said it tasted very nice. I hope they weren't just being polite. It's my first solo baking in melbourne! Then again, carrot cake is one of the easiest things to bake. (I'm so delighted with my pyrex baking dish!!) I didn't tell anyone i was baking until it came out just in case it was really bad, then i could throw it all away. Anyway it came out looking quite chaoda (it was actually just the top 1cm that was burnt)

But i didn't expect it to cost so much- i ended up spending $20 in the supermarket for all the essentials that i didn't have in my rather empty kitchen- flour, egg whisk, walnts, carrots, sugar .... anyway they should last a long time i hope. I don't even have a mixing bowl or proper containers- i mixed my ingredients in the plastic microwavable casserole pot and shredded my carrots into my lunch box.

Now i have a cup of shredded carrot and i dont know what to do with it. (brightly) I could bake another carrot cake (=.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes