"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, February 13, 2002

More terribly old stuff (from Sunday to Tuesday):

Those squeaky shoes parents like to give to toddlers are very irritating. Doesn't the sound drive them mad?

Tim, who is now a private, claims he kept his mind alive by doing mental sums - counting the number of people in the file. Trust an F Maths student.

People always talk about moderate versus radical muslims. Funny how no one ever talks about the other end of the spectrum. What exactly is a liberal muslim? I don't think those who eat pork and don't pray count.

A new era has dawned - students in the School With The Most Indecent Uniform In Singapore Bar One no longer have to keep short hair. Evidence that I'm really cut off from civilisation? Not really - quite a few people I commented on this breaking news too did not know of the new liberty available in that institution!


On Monday, it was back to RJC.

I saw another aficionado of the RGS jacket, with short hair and wearing in the morning. Huihui would be proud.

Disconcerting stuff: While looking at people coming into the school building from the vantage point beside 2-1, I discovered that from there, you can peer into the first floor female toilet. Luckily nothing risque was visible.

And people are getting more and more daring - this ex-CHIJ (which branch of the franchise she was from, I know not) girl strode in past the aforementioned level one female toilet toting her handphone. And I saw dear Johann with earrings!

2 idiot Raffles Guys were doing a dance, that one where you lock your arms and trot around in a circle.

Jason Lau was busy connecting to a whole new generation at the Speakers' Corner, and they seemed quite intent on what he had to say.

The girl and her boyfriend who stare at each other in the mornings are still there, doing their thing. And the Harmonica Club ("Harmon", please, not "Harmock") is still doing bad renditions of Holiday Favourites. For some reason, "Jingle Bells" appeared towards the end of the medley. Maybe they were disappointed at not being able to perform during Christmas. I'm still not able to decide which instrument is more irritating / sounds worse - the guitar or the harmonica.

Mrs Lim Guat Ching asked me to remove her quotes. Ah well, since she asked, I will (and have done so). Farewell, adieu. Those were good gems, yes they were.

Quanxing was wearing the same thing as his favourite teacher Ho Weng Kin. And he *still* owes me $16.30 from last August. Ware loaning money to him!

I don't understand why the Council always gets to walk around in civvies during Celebration Days. It doesn't serve any purpose - maybe it's just them taking advantage of their prerogatives.

The Hall was very full during the celebrations - there was even spillover upstairs. I wonder how they kept them from running away, back to their Secondary Schools this year.

If it is possible, there was an even greater number of Raffles Guys in Hot Socks this time around. Mayhap it has some relation to the theory many of us came up with last year - RJ people grow uglier every year (and it did seem to hold this year).

There were quite few J3s who came back. Ah well. Most of the guys were wearing baseball caps. Ahem.

The poor bookshop uncle had his cash register's tray stolen. Now how did that happen? How is it possible for someone to carry off a tray, replete with all the money? I'd have thought any thief would just have lifted the money.

Mr Lim told me that he had the Tekong Flu all 3 months he was there - how's that for severity? Apparently service jobs are bad because time passes slowly. Mr Raufie felt his 2 months as a clerk passed slower than his 2 years 3 months as a medic - is that possible? And the job of a medic supposedly sucks too. Well, I still think I'd rather slack than run up hills (not that I am capable of the latter, anyhow).


Later, I even bothered to return to RI. They've upped the shameless quotient during Shameless Week now and posters with people's faces plastered on them and unlikely promises jumping out at you are everywhere.

Sample questionable posters:

'Let me lead you along in the whirlpool to SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENTS!!!'
Whirlpool? Maybe he'll get shipwrecked.

"'Voteforme' is not a town in CHINA!"
Some PRC's poster. Not bad, actually, notwithstanding the shamelessness.

At World of JJ later, Andrew and I saw the Poser Carabinas, those that people like to put on their bags. They are labelled, "not for climbing". And on the MRT, I saw an advertisement which wasn't too bad. It had the chinese words "Very Painful" (Hao3 Tong4) but with some parts of each word highlighted, such that it read "For Female Use" (Nu3 Yong4). Gold Label Bak Foong Pill for menstrual pains!

The rationale for the Cosmetic Bra puzzles me - why would anyone want to have unevenly moisturised skin? Or could it have something to do with the frequency of skin contact on those areas.

Snoopy Place has bad descriptions for the items on the menu - they're practically non-existent. And the ribs do not fall apart easily - they're very tough.


Tuesday:

I went to Great World City to watch "I Not Stupid" with my parents. They only watch movies on recommendation.

At Guardian, "Personal Care" was filled exclusively with sanitary pads and tampons. And stain remover. The logic eludes me.

I saw 2 people in the McDonald's uniform going to KFC. Tut tut.

Why I get sick during long bookouts is very suspicious. Perhaps I have been poisoned, and the antidote in placed in the water they give us.

I believe another freezing fit will come upon me soon. Farewell.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes