"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, November 15, 2001

Ebooks are fun. Get a LCD monitor, anti-aliased font enabled reader (eg Microsoft Reader) and read.

You actually read all 4 books on a computer monitor? Well done! I prefer to read them on my Palm, then I can lie in bed and read.



Aha. 1999 is done! Yes, after so long, much blustering and doubt about whether I would be able to tenaciously hold on to the end - I have. But the end is the beginning is the end. 2000 looms ahead.



Florida's Natural is no longer Florida's. Now they use California oranges. Rather like Commonwealth Secondary being in Jurong.

For the first time, yesterday I heard, on the BBC, an American. How rare. An American woman reading the news.

Jerry's, a place in Jalan Kayu I went to for dinner yesterday, is perhaps the only place in Singapore which serves Dr Pepper - the most disgusting drink on earth, beating even F&N Fruitade. I had heard about it and in Hawaii in 1999, I bought a can. I don't think I took more then 2 sips.

At the aforementioned place was this 6-7 year old girl in a midriff baring tank top. Tut tut.



I am presently rather distressed and mortified. My Blue Teddy bear, imaginatively called 'Blue Bear', my faithful companion for the last 11 years (at least, probably more) has lost his touch, literally, having survived being put in the freezer by my [12 years older than me] Sister, thrown onto the top of air-conditioners, swung around by the arms [grasp the two arms and twirl him around], sprayed by fart gas, a nose operation, an operation to sew up his right paw after a gash appeared after washing, baldness (he has a big bald spot to the right of his belly), me cutting his stomach hair when he was small because I thought it grew and goodness knows what else.

Due to constant rubbing of the right paw, some of the clear plastic that serves as transparent support had popped up at least 11 years ago and I had grown fond of rubbing it. Sometime during my Primary School Days, I'd examined the paw closely and found that the rough feeling was due to a loop of the plastic thread or such popping out above the fur. Inexplicably, I'd cut it, which meant that it was no longer long enough to slip under my fingernails. Yesterday, while stroking his paw (as I like to do), the feeling suddenly disappeared, and constant efforts have still not managed to bring the feeling back.

*sigh*
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes