"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Observations - 19th February 2013

Is Groupthink inevitable once a certain size is reached?

If we criticise Christians for importing US Fundamentalist Christianity, why not others for liberals and human rights activists for doing the same for the Western paradigm of human rights?

I think fuzzy (or downright wrong) thinking from progressives annoys me more than from conservatives, because they claim to have progress, history, reason on their side, and the intelligentsia reflexively support progressive causes.


If 377A is found to be unconstitutional, does this mean National Service can be challenged too?

"I don’t think the anti-LGBT version of “agenda”, often unexplicated, with sinister undertones, exists"
Me: "What, you mean the anti-gay agenda where they force gays to get married, lock them up until they repent and hang those who refuse to turn straight?"


The only thing I love more than men who look like women... is women who look like men who look like women.

Amused that ACJC's BGR policy is to "let light pass through between you and your friend" (other JCs have more strict stances, e.g. RJ's "no holding hands in school uniform" [at least as of 2001])

It's not your fault if you have a disability. But it is if you make it hard for people to accommodate you.

Saw a woman pushing a pram. Looked inside, and there were two cats.


"Sorrow for the victim, or outrage at the crime, can blind us. To see clearly, such feelings must be put aside"

RT @Notorious_QRG #TellAFeministThankYou thanks to my Mum, who is a feminist, but who brought me up to be critical and independent - so I dumped feminism.

"For every time I hear an outwardly sexist comment by a man said to a woman, I’ll hear ten comments by women saying that technology is “a man’s job” or “I need a man to help me” or something similar."

"I have pretty conservative and liberal friends...but it seems many of my liberal friends see their political belief as like a religion, and if you don't adhere to it they are quick to judge you as morally corrupt, stupid, or evil...I've been attacked worse for my heretical views by liberals than conservatives (and I disagree with both on many issues in American political context)."


BF: Baby, you must be a broom.
GF: Why? Cause I sweep you off your feet?
BF: No. Cause you're fucking hairy.

"My wife went to the beauty shop and got a mud pack. For two days she was beautiful. And then the mud fell off"


"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools"

On HBO Asia's Serangoon Road: "You know what would really give it a tinge of authenticity? A tv in the background with LKY crying..."
"Nothing more 60s than that, folks. That, and race riots. According to our school history textbooks"

RT @9GAG: There's "hell" in hello, "good" in goodbye, "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, "ex" in "next", & "if" in life.

"Never ask a painter to do whatever he/she wants, 50% of artists really enjoy depicting the worst thing the can think of when it's going on a public place to make a statement and gets a ton of free publicity."

On running a F&B business and dealing with "ex convicts":
"Forget the ex convicts [asking you to buy their stuff to give them a chance]... I have, numerous times, asked them to call me to get a job and none of them called like they promised. And they just walk on when I asked them to come inside the bar for a quick interview when they were just outside trying to solicit money for their wares."
"I deal with the type that ask for money so they can eat to take and seat and I'll buy them a meal, I've never had one take me up on the offer."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes