"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bemoaning the degeneracy of the modern generation

"Why shouldn't things be largely absurd, futile, and transitory? They are so, and we are so, and they and we go very well together." - George Santayana

***

I saw the following in the Facebook status of someone my age:

"When I was a kid, I didn't have a laptop, MBP, iPod, iPhone, Blackberry​, PS3 xBox, PSP, or iPad. I played outside with friends, bruised my knees, made up stories and played hide and seek. I ate what my mom made. I would think twice before I said "NO" to my parents. If I misbehaved​ i got caned. Not… just me, my friends too. Simple. Life wasn't hard, it was good and I survived. MOST kids these days are spoiled. Re-post this if you appreciate​ the way you were raised. I think we were happier kids. ♥"

Needless to say, this is very problematic.

Undoubtedly, each generation bemoans the degeneracy of the current (or rather, newer) generation.

Here is Weird Al on the subject, with his song "When I Was Your Age"



"Well, nobody ever drove me to school when it was ninety degrees below
We had to walk butt naked through forty miles of snow
Worked in the coal mine twenty two hours a day for just half a cent
Had to sell my internal organs just to pay the rent"
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes