"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, September 16, 2011

Modes of Feminist Rhetoric - Redux

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

***

Another amusing exchange (see also: Modes of Feminist Rhetoric):

@MizHalle on the Old Man's latest rant on "diseducating" or "uneducating" women: Nice to know that some would have us wimmen back in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant, if only it didn't affect the GDP, oh noes!

Me: @MizHalle Asking women to have children is not the same as wanting them in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant

@gracechua: @gssq But wishing you could 'diseducate' them is. @mizhalle

Me: @gracechua That's why I was very amused when AWARE claimed sexual equality is the way to boost birth rates. Au contraire. @mizhalle

@Mizhalle: @gssq your male privilege is showing. Just saying,

Me: @MizHalle Hurr hurr. Internalize my dominant paradigm!

@CharlesNeo: @Mizhalle of course the women bit is rather insensitive. But men are a horny bunch and very frankly don't need the prompting imo

@mizhalle: @CharlesNeo why are you talking about sex? The issue isn't about having sex, the issue is about RAISING KIDS.
plus please don't say things like "men are naturally horny". Women have sexual desires too thank you very much.
if women appear sexually repressed its because we have been SHAMED from a young age about expressing our sexualities
Man enjoys sex? What a stud. Woman enjoys sex? OMG WHAT A SLUT. Effin please.
how can you say "I don't blame women" on one hand and then finish with "BUT MEN ARE HORNY REGARDESS OF EDUCATION"? srsly?

@CharlesNeo: @mizhalle its not. Its about having kids. We are talking Birth Rate not abandonment rate. We ARE talking about sex.
hmmm lets take this offline. People are getting affected.

@MizHalle: @CharlesNeo are you kidding me. Low birth rate ISN'T caused by people not having sex. It's caused by people NOT WANTING CHILDREN.

Every time I get upset about feminist issues on Twitter I end up having an online shouting match with people. Goes to show I never learn.

Me: @MizHalle It's not a shouting match if you're the only one shouting

@MizHalle: Or rather, they're not listening RT @illyrica: @MizHalle No, goes to show THEY never learn

I think I spend too much time in social activist circles. I often forget that most of the population isn't even at 101 levels yet.
I should really just shut up and stick to the places I know share agreement with me. But then what would be the point of that?
It would just be a giant circle-jerk. No engagement, no education.
But then again, trying to educate those who don't want to be educated is counterproductive and will only fuck with your blood pressure.
Therein lies the dilemma of the progressive...

Me: @MizHalle If you assume you have the gospel truth, you will be upset when people disagree with you

@MizHalle: Just blocked somebody (whom I unfollowed a long time ago) because I've had it up to here with his trolling. Good riddance.


This hereby brings down to a grand total of one the number of feminists who are capable of disagreeing civilly with me; disagreeing civilly with feminists is apparently considered "trolling".

Oops, that must be my "Privilege" talking again.


"It is a thing exceedingly difficult to do and not often done well, and I for one have little hope of doing it even tolerably well. The difficulty was expressed to me by another convert who said, "I cannot explain why I am a Catholic; because now that I am a Catholic I cannot imagine myself as anything else." Nevertheless, it is right to make the imaginative effort. It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong" - GK Chesterton

"How you have felt, O men of Athens, at hearing the speeches of my accusers, I cannot tell; but I know that their persuasive words almost made me forget who I was - such was the effect of them; and yet they have hardly spoken a word of truth"


Me: yay I pissed off another feminist

Someone: congrats
young or old?
principled radical or unprincipled hypocritical?

Me: young

how do you tell the two apart

Someone: typical sg women are unprincipled hypocritical
at heart they want to be princesses to be fussed over... but demand power

principled radicals are those who claim all forms of penetrative sex is rape, for example
those you don't want to reason with. the other group, you can't reason with.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes