"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Monday, August 06, 2007

I am going to bolehland later today and will return on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

What I'm doing:

Meet HWMNBN
Eat hawker food
Eat A&W
Laugh at Malaysians

***

Someone was telling me that 2 years ago, she was listening to University talks as a J2 and the SMU representatives sounded impressive until you analyzed what they said, when you realised they had no substance.

Clarins is selling snake oil: "If electromagnetic waves can penetrate walls, imagine what they can do to your skin?". Yes, and Dihydro Dihydrogen Monoxide is dangerous to us in large doses and should be banned.

I was walking by this place near Pasir Ris MRT and tried to buy their" bacon and egg pie". I was told that "we don't use bacon anymore; chicken ham" and got very pissed off. Luckily I saw a place selling Dim Sum nearby and got 2 char siew sou.

I saw a Korean 'BBQ Chicken' place at Cineleisure. There was no sign of the evil eye but unless they have special ingredients in their marinades (like teriyaki sauce) it's only a matter of time.

TV Mobile had this show on Chocolate which concluded: "Aprhodisiac or substitute? You decide". I knew I wasn't the only one to notice this!

Often those who are most eager to prevent imaginary offence are the quickest to issue real insult.

I swear, the people who use the most footnotes are those in law. Thio Li-ann's "Taking rights seriously? Human rights law in Singapore" in "Human Rights in Asia. A comparative legal study of twelve Asian jurisdictions, France and the USA". In just over 12 pages there are 226 footnotes. Some might say that this is because of Singapore's culture of vigilantly striking down those who defame politicians, but in reading foreign legal articles I find they footnote a lot also.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes