"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Today I was waiting for the 855 at the same time that the Lower Secondary students at CHIJ St Theresa's were filing out from school.

The mindless shrill chatter. The endless ditzy giggles. The ah lians. The ah beng boyfriend touching his CHIJ girlfriend's stomach after she'd unfastened her belt. And none was able to redeem the actions of the others (maybe in a few years, when they become less gawkish). Oh god. Now I know why my sister, who often took the bus at the same time as them, kept complaining.

Many of them got on my 855, and their stench permeated the bus. Fee fie foe fum, I smell a mass of untreated female bodies. Luckily, later on a woman with strong perfume sat in front of me, partially masking the odour.


Jade House Computing is no more, and has not been for quite a while. On the sacred ground where it once stood now towers Mystique beauty salon.

However, not far away are 2 shops selling pirated PC games CDs at $6 a piece. This is still higher than Jade's price at its apogee, but then the days when the only things in Singapore that were becoming cheaper year after year were pirated CDs have long ended. School boys can rejoice once more.


In Bishan is a shop selling bubble tea for as low as 80 cents. Blended ices go for more, at $1.20 a cup, but you get discounts on orders of 2 or more cups. The bubble has well and truly burst.

I caught the 2:30 show of Starsky and Hutch at Junction 8. This was not a good time to go, at least on a weekday, for it seemed that Couple Hour was underway, complete with groping.


luvACguys - "Enter into the wonderful and exhilarating world of luvACguys, here you can experience the sunny, always exciting and lovely world of cute boyish tanned handsome guys. This is the realm of paradise on earth where life is always happy, carefree and fun!!!"

Some extracts: "I regret not sitting with that cute spikey hair boy instead I go and sit with ugly people :(((( because I was too shy to sit with cute guys. But Cute boyish tanned handsome guys must always stick together forever!!!!!! I must spank myself!!!! CBTH guys you must always sit with your own kind, with guys like ME!!!!!!!!!!! And I must always sit with my own kind in the future!!!!!!! I MUST NOT!!! be shy when I see cute guys anymore!!!! CANNOT!!!!!! Cute boyish tanned handsome guys must always stick together forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AC guys I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh I can see logically now...it's the brillant, crisp, and good-as-new chunky thick fabric of a white T-Shirt on the body of a supernatural being! It has dark blue colour in the inner collar of the T-shirt! And it came with matching dark blue steam ironed pressed baggy trousers. If I have never truly believed in God I must now say that I really really do now! Oh God this is the best thing you have ever created in this whole world! SUCH POWER!!! SUCH POWER!!! God you must have sent your angels to reclaim your people at this end time!!! Oh God take me! Take me please!!!"
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes