"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, February 23, 2003

Word of the day: "fait accompli"

Quote of the day: "In life, you make some wrong assumptions, then you get married. - History 6 Lecturer"

While I was on duty in the sickbay, Weida was playing his CD of techno music. It had probably the most beng songs I've ever heard. Luckily, he didn't play it in the afternoon, so I got some peace. Later, the AETC medic whom some claim looks like me (he does not!) was wheeling himself around in the wheelchair. In my younger days, I just might have done that, but now the novelty has worn out. What a pity :)

The ATC cookhouse always has interesting food. Albeit a third of the time they give Malay food for lunch or dinner, which is declaimed as being sucky across the board. This time, we got Roti Prata for breakfast, and 3 slices too, thanks to the nice man. It wasn't bad - too flaky and papery, but otherwise comparable to outside shops. Also, I swear the watermelon slices there are twice the size - nay, more! - of the ones at the 42 cookhouse. And yet the reservists don't all take them. When we have watermelon, it's usually gone by 11:45am.

Since HQ4SAB moved out, we at the Medical Centre no longer have Henry, with his sexy dark ringed eyes, to, erm, "play" with. Consequently, people have moved on to a wider range of targets. It seems that the current favourite is Gollum, probably because of his small stature. Beniah was experimenting with assorted positions, mostly involving a fireman's lift, with some perfunctory assistance from me. He doesn't squeal as much as Henry did, though. Henry is more fun *wistful* I wonder if the Kranji Medics are having fun with him now.

This brings to mind that time in bunk, when "I was trying to doze in the dark bunk, lit only by the flicker of the TV screen, when I heard tell-tale giggling and the sound of slippers on the floor. Suddenly, I was hit smack in the face by a pillow. Looking up, I saw Yiliang chasing people around the table, just like in Indian movies", or that time when "I walked into the bunk one day, only to find Boon Huat, Yiliang and Yong Siang on one bed, sprawled on top of each other and giggling softly like demure schoolgirls. After a while, they began grabbing at each other's clothes and trying to pin each other down. And after I wrote that paragraph, I was attacked by Yiliang and fled the bunk yelping, slamming the door after me (and spoiling the door handle in the process)". Ah, the good old days.

I think that this sort of behavior is due to most of us being repressed. That's why you get the same sort of behavior (stripping and molesting people, chasing them around, doing assorted things to their genitals et al) in boys' schools. Though my sources do tell me that "getting lampposted is a phenomenon that occurs with (alarmingly) increasing frequency in various JCs, most notably RJ and ACJ. It involves any object resembling a lamppost meeting the point of intersection of your legs at high relative velocity, resulting in an action-reaction force pair that has pretty bad implications for your excretory system." Oh dear.


I caught the name of the artiste who sings the desecrated Chinese version of On My Own - "ling2 yi4 lian2". Grr.

I'm used to seeing males wearing the SAF New Balance PT Shoes, because it's a credit item, and most people have more credit than they know what to do with (Me? I'm going to buy Kiwi and Toilet Paper and spread the Kiwi on the Toilet Paper and construct man-high letters saying 'National Service is National Slavery' and set it aflame outside the Istana), but on the way home from The Middle Of Nowhere (TM), I saw this Fairfield Methodist Secondary School girl wearing the current model of SAF New Balance shoes. Goodness.

Apparently repressed Saudis drink eau-de-cologne to get high since alcohol is banned in Saudi Arabia, home of the Wahhabis. Ugh.

The problem of asymmetric information held my attention for a while this week. Now, while lots of people read this blog, I know nothing at all about them (except that some come from my small but loyal following, and the rest search for assorted weird things like "transsexual zaogeng" and "tudung sex"). Over a period of time, I wager someone could construct a profile of me. That's somewhat disturbing.


Quotes:

Sleevia (Sylvia)

You were from choir meh? No wonder you laugh in a high pitch.

I prepared for Sunday duty by sleeping at 5 [am]

[On my soft toy] Next time I hug you then you hug me (...)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes