"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, June 27, 2002

A grammar mistake that I was irked by, but forgot the name of - Dangling Modifiers.

Restored Post

Had my Life run at East Coast this morning. The pace wasn't too fast, which was why I was able to complete the run without collapsing, albeit finishing almost last. It ended at about 9:30, and then I had the rest of the day off. Oops. I was -forced- to take leave for the rest of the day. Sigh. Apparently we can adamantly refuse to take leave, but I think it'll cause trouble.

Everyone but us was wearing the unit singlet, in dark green and emblazoned with "The Cutting Edge" on the back. However badly designed it might be, at least it beats the stupid default Army singlet with a dull "ARMY" printed on the back. And there's some weird tradition where everyone will gather, touch each other and shout suddenly. What an exotic culture my unit has.

They indented breakfast for us, but didn't provide cutlery. So we broke bits off the styrofoam box the noodles came in. Actually I suspect that breaking the styrofoam releases carcinogens. Oh well.

They're thinking of holding Life runs every Thursday, as the schedule permits, and then giving us half a day off. Doesn't sound too bad to me if every time is like today's.

I don't look forward to my 3 week stint in Australia with my batallion. Ugh. Maybe I'll see Andrew Tan and all my friends in Armour units there. And we can kill Kangaroos, Dingos and Koalas and roast them together. Right.

Rather tired now after the run. But I had lunch with my father at Copthorne Grand (He's bought the gourmet card so there're discounts at restaurants owned by the Copthorne group) - Antipasti, Scampi Risotto and a most excellent Plum Pie with Lime Sherbert. And I'm going to meet Kairen, Andrew and Screwed Up Girl later for dinner. And a real PJ girl. Gee, imagine that. [NB: I debated the relative merits of using "Gee" and "Wow", and I think "Gee" gives that subtle shade of meaning, so. Kind of like that stupid Chinese poet who thought about whether to use "tui1" or "qiao1" in some poem about a monk banging on a door in the middle of the night. Or something. And look what other stuff "PJ girl" brings up.]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes