"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, June 25, 2002

POP post:

Restored Post

POP loh! Yes, I've passed out yet again, and I got my Medic Brassard (Armband) today.

I've been posted, along with Folie and Seetoh, to the 42nd Singapore Armour Regiment. Some say it is rather tough, while others say it is slack. According to Andrew Tan, in another armour unit, we only work when someone gets injured. But then my unit might be different. I hope we just get to sit in APCs. According to a guy 5 years older than me who fortuitously messaged me on ICQ today, the only things I have to worry about are SOC, Unarmed Combat and Overseas Exercises. Well. But then it is in Lim Chu Kang, in the middle of nowhere. Zhongyong and Somchaya, whose camps are in the vicinity, say that it takes 45 minutes, and 1 hour tops to get to Chua Chu Kang MRT station from the inner camps, though, so it is not *quite* that bad. Guan Hong suggests I buy a bike to ride there and back :)

The way they post us does seem rather random - some PES A people got cushy jobs. Yew Yew is off to Paya Lebar Airbase, with Simon, Jeremy gets to go to Tengah Airbase and Zahrenn, HQAMS. Argh. My buddy is staying at SMM to become an instructor, but he doesn't like the place. Aww.

Our Parade Commander, who is also our course commander, turns very funnily. He does a half jump, and it is very amusing.

Monday wasn't stay out after all - we were conned. And we didn't even get a night off either because the sergeants screwed up our parade rehearsal so much, they needed another one to prepare themselves (though admittedly they had more things to take care of than us). At least Tuesday's stayout so I've a night at home before I go to unknown perils in my unit!

We had a blood donation drive on Monday. Apparently in the past, it was compulsory to donate blood but nowadays, they've made it optional. And they give anaesthetic. Woo.

The cookhouse has sunk to new depths. They used Maggi Chicken Flavour Instant Noodle Soup Powder as a base for their "Egg Flower Soup" - you could see the spring onion bits floating in the soup!

Being very bored, people started attacking each other on the last night. Or at least those on the lower bunks of each bunk bed. At almost 12 midnight, I woke to the feeling of toothpaste on my forehead. Some had it worse, though. Kumar had toothpaste on his forehead and his bed was soaked with Hartman's Solution. And Steven's bed was strewn with combat rations!

I think most of the SCDF people are quite chubby. Though many of the male personnel are quite cute!

They were taupoking (they call it 'kerepok' here) people again. And someone jumped from the top level of the bunk bed. Today, we did it to our section instructor, and he was rather dramatic, going "Ahh!" and "Help!" all the time. Ouch. And there were pillow fights too. Many of us (including me) got hit, and it was rather traumatic. Adding some festive atmosphere, Folie threw a packet of powder in, making the air turn white. And our Platoon Best Trainee, Dave, get angry because the powder fell all over his uniform. After my turn at being whacked, I couldn't stand for a while. Even though the instruments of offence are pillows, it still hurts somewhat.

One of Justin's socks has such a big hole, his whole heel sticks out through it. I offered to sponsor him a new pair!

Zhang has a good figure, which is especially evident because he straps the velcro of his Smart 4 all the way. I think that now that his wife has given birth, his figure is better than hers!


Quotes:

"For many, this brings bad memories of the past 11 weeks (back)"

"[On both of us going to 42SAR] Just now I shook hands with you because I thought I'd never see you again... You better not become my buddy. Nevermind, you become my buddy good, got a lot of food to eat... If we go Australia I buy you another polar bear. (if you, it will be good because I will have, go to, will buy)"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes