"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, May 18, 2002

The Legend of Agagooga / On Blogging, and Slavery / Family Life / How not to set people off

Crys asked me what "Agagooga" was, and since I took the trouble to type it out, I present her for the first time, The Legend of Agagooga!

"Agagooga is a name I came up with for Mrs Lim Yau. She's the wife of Mr Lim Yau, an orchestra conductor, who's quite famous and has funny hair. Well, no one knows her real name. They only know her as Mrs Lim Yau.

If you probe a bit you'll find out she's Mrs Lim Soo Hiang. Removing even more of the mist, the name 'Quek Soo Hiang' appears.

However, this is but a facade! beneath this normal sounding name is one so hideous and horrible that the mere uttering of it will cause the seas to boil! The discoverer will be blasted with the power of the seals (Sub-saharan African in nature, from her homeland) that lock that name in its hiding place, never to be found, which is why I've never found out the rest of the name.

Agagooga is a code name for that, and part of that hideous name is indeed Agagooga. I fear to find out more.

RJ found out about this terrible secret in 1998, so it fired her as their choir conductor. HCJC found out in 2000 and she was booted out too. Li Hua Secondary School (He2 Gu3 Zhong1 Xue2) found out sometime and got rid of her too.

Ahh, woe is her.

Over time I grew fond of the name and adopted it for myself :)"


Updated YACCS commenting.


When people post to weblogs, it tends to be when they're feeling depressed. Consequently, reading the weblog tends to give the impression that the writer is terminally depressed and sits around all day dressed in murky colours sighing, reflecting and pontificating about the un-finer things in life and going to slash his or her wrists (or whatever exotic ways of suicide you can think of) anytime soon.

The bulk of my posts tend to be my bookout posts, which are not a good measure of my angst-quotient due to their covering of a week. They are ultra-long, which does deter people reading them, but, well, I've a lot to say. So my essays will continue. But if it says something about my mental state, people in camp ask me why I like to smile and laugh silently a lot, apparently at nothing.

Guan Hong today (Saturday): Why are you so quiet?
Me: Mood swings
Guan Hong: ... Your period.


Well, I think I'm getting more angsty nowadays. My sister always makes me and my brother in law do her dirty work and run errands for her, for example, dropping and picking up stuff and picking her up. My brother in law acquiesces because she cooks for him (the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!), and he lets her dominate him with her domineering personality (okay, so that's not the best of phrasing) as his submissive tendencies kick in. However, I'm not so readily made use of.

Today, after lunch, they woke me from my slumber (or half-slumber, as the case may be) in the back seat of the car to drop and pick up books from the Central Lending Library. My sister refused to get down, and tried to bribe me with a bubble tea. When that didn't work, she cited her knee pain (so you can walk all the way down to S-11 from the porch of the library, but you can't go up the significantly shorter distance to the library to drop and pick up books) because she was just too lazy to do it herself. My brother in law was driving, so he couldn't go and do it himself, so after repeated platitudes, he finally burst with a "You want me to hit you?" whereupon I exited the car with my bag (I came straight from camp) and took the 85 home. Well, as with last week, when I waited 1 1/2 hrs for her at her dinner party and took the taxi back myself, when we were home it was as if nothing had happened.

This is why my mother says: "Never ever get a woman like your sister." Not that one would ever want me, I'm very disobedient :) Hell, I defy even conventional norms like holding girls' bags.


I've finally told Screwed Up Girl to stop complaining to me about not having a boyfriend (being attached is neither a necessary nor sufficient precondition to lead a meaningful life) because it was starting to affect me and screw me up to. Yeh.


In other news, I committed a horrifying embarrassing faux pas earlier this week. Ugh. It's almost laughable in its idiocy and no, don't bother asking. I trust that the one who knows about it will keep mum *sheepish smile* Irritating people for fun and profit is never a waste of time!


GAH I was so distracted typing this entry that I forgot to watch Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Lucky my brother in law reminded me 7 minutes into the show.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes