"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My vote is no longer Secret

Formspring question I got:

"did you vote for the ruling party?"

My answer:

"Who did I vote for in the election? With reference to the concept of Foucauldian governmentality, inasmuch as participating in a circumscribed election which was in reality an enforced and coerced institutional non-choice, with rules that reinscribe, reproduce and reinforce the hegemonic structure of the dominant paradigm is an implicit endorsement of the ruling party in a classic example of Gramscian coercion, despite delusions of agency and choice, yes I voted for the ruling party."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes