"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Why you need to pay me to go to NDP (the National Day Parade)

"Fervor is the weapon of choice for the impotent." - Frantz Fanon

***

Even by their abysmal standards this is awful:



Lyrics (as far as I could transcribe):

"It's the fun pack pack
Let's have the fun pack...

It's the fun pack pack
Let's have the fun pack...

You can wave it, if you feel like it
Let's wave the flag
Wave wave wave
Let's wave the flag

Take out your light stick, it's two of a kind
It's interactive, means you can join
Just pretend
Oh oh oh...

I want new water and a cool drink
You and me let's share a bit
I want a biscuit and I want a sweet
You and me, Let's share this treat
Kopi O o o o o o o
Time for the fun pack song
Kopi O o o o o o o
We like the fun pack song

Let's start with the bag
That's right, vacuum pack
It's the fun pack pack
Let's have the fun pack

I want new water and a cool drink
You and me let's share a bit
I want a biscuit and I want a sweet
You and me, Let's share this treat
Kopi O o o o o o o
Time for the fun pack song
Kopi O o o o o o o
We like the fun pack song

Let's start with the bag
That's right, vacuum pack
It's the fun pack pack
Let's have the fun pack"

Comperes: "Good job Singapore!"
"Good job Singapore, it's really fun huh!"

(most of you will only watch this once. I had to watch it several times to transcribe this)


The comments on YouTube are universally negative.

"This video is an incredible work of art. Never has a video actually reached out and made me feel physically uncomfortable while watching it."

"it's like they made steven lim NDP director or something"

"I feel bad for the kids who have to smile and dance like they are enjoying this song."

"TIME TO MIGRATE AND LEAVE THE HUMILIATION BEHIND."

"PLEASE SUE US, LADY GAGA. PLEASE."

"i personally work in a music studio, and i know Singapore isn't this desperate to the point where there is absolutely no music talents left. there are MANY who are trying to make it. It's very disappointing to see this when they claim to support local Arts scene(music)."

"i really hope when the actual day ppl boo.. at this disgrace song and leave the place!"

"I'm so disgraced to be a Singaporean. Really showing the Kiasu side of Singaporeans. What's the big deal with a fun pack? Cheapskate sia!!"

"At least this song shows how united we are as singaporeans in being against it"

"I want a fcuking biscuit and i want a fcuking sweet. You a dog?"


I wonder if they got a SAF guy to do this.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes