"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

"This letter is made of so many kinds of fail."

"The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell

***

Caught repeatedly by closing MRT doors

"Caught repeatedly by closing MRT doors

LAST Friday, at about 6.20pm, I took a train from Bedok MRT station to Bugis. The train was packed and when it reached Bugis station, I started to move towards one of the doors.

About 10 commuters were ahead of me and when I reached the door and was about to step out, it shut in my face. I instinctively knocked on it.

The door opened for a moment but as soon as I tried to step off the train, it shut again, hitting me. The opening and closing of the door happened three times, each time hitting me as I tried to step out.

Then the train moved off, leaving this 73-year-old man with no choice but to get off at City Hall station and walk to Bugis Junction in the rain.

I would like SMRT to enlighten me on the following:

- Why did the train door open for only about a second and then shut again? And why did it happen three times, each time after a pause of a few seconds?

- Can the train driver see what is going on in the train?

- Why are there no staff to assist commuters at stations when trains are overcrowded?

- How does the driver ensure that all alighting commuters have safely stepped off the train before it moves off?

I pose the last question because a child could be separated from his mother if he steps off the train and his mother is prevented from alighting. This can also happen to an elderly or infirm person being separated from his caretaker.

Tan Kim Hock"


Comments I like:

"I wonder what safety precaution SMRT had taken to ensure that the train door is idiot proof and will not open when the train is travelling full of commuters on board?" (I can't tell if this is sarcasm)

"I think because of age this man is incoherent. Everything he says can be contested. Driver cannot inside every compartment. He thought the door didnot close properly so pressed the close button. If we use our common sense when there is good crowd we can be smart. (like approaching the door well in advance)"

"If the door is a problem , then do away with doors on smrt train."

"This case cannot blame driver , either he is too slow in getting out, or boarding passengers getting in too fast. Anyway, this 73 years old man is no ordinary elderly, knock 3 times by the train doors, still no problem, steady steady walk all the way from City Hall to Bugis in the rain and worry not about himself but children separating from parent. Wow, MRT need more of such commutors.."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes