"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"It's a lot like nature. You only have as many animals as the ecosystem can support and you only have as many friends as you can tolerate the bitching of." - Randy K. Milholland

***

Last night, my iPod starting rebooting endlessly (accompanied by a strange whirring noise), and crashing iTunes when I connected it to my computer.

Apple help/forums had nothing on this problem (at least as far as preliminary Google searches went) so I had to go to 3rd-party ones.

I managed to get another computer to recognise the iPod as faulty after installing an older version of iTunes (the installer for iTunes 9 took forever to download, so I tried earlier versions first, the setup files for which downloaded much more quickly - despite being hosted on the same server).

However, restoring the iPod didn't work (even after installing iTunes 9 [which had FINALLY downloaded]) thanks to the famous error of yesteryear: Error 1418.

Error 1418 had infuriated so many people that a 1418hell.com site (now down but accessible through the Internet Archive) had been created.

Various fixes like re-registering my DLLs, changing USB ports, rebooting and installing the iPod shuffle Reset Utility (for the different driver) all didn't work.

In the end, I managed to fix my iPod by purposely corrupting it further (an incomplete format through Windows) and then restoring it.

As someone on a forum said, the iPod has more problems than Vista. Grr.

Damn you, Apple.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes