"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

"To be willing to die for an idea is to set a rather high price on conjecture." - Anatole France

***

Why work sucks:

- Being in the same location the whole day dulls both the mind and the body
- Sitting in the same spot is even worse
- You're not surrounded by people of your age, let alone disposition
- Being inundated with Business Bullshit, or worse: forced to produce it
- Perhaps the worst bit: you have the knowledge that you've chosen to be where you are


The air-conditioning went crazy in the library for one period, and I saw the librarian with a scarf and gloves. Heh.

The Home Team trainees only sing silly songs while running, and not when marching. What a relief.

Irritating things about being in a uniformed organisation: people shouting and screaming ('lup ride', counting 1-2-3 etc).

Prisons is less regimental than Slavery - people are called/call each other/sign off as Mr, Ms and Mrs even if they have a rank.

My office was so cold that I, who had never worn extra clothing in school, took to wearing a sweater much of the time. Though my not desiring to get sick again probably has something to do with that too.

The noodles tapaoed from the canteen at work were very filling. On both occasions when I did that for breakfast, I was so full I skipped lunch.

I had some really bad prata for breakfast one day. It was not freshly made and was sitting in a pile, and so was soggy and not crispy. I must go to Merlin prata in JB again. I think one reason why Singaporean food is bad is that Singaporeans like to rush and can't wait for their food to be prepared freshly, so the hawkers pre-prepare food which then ages with time.

***

Quotes:

On my right, the preposition (proposition)

Convenient store (convenience)

How many reindeers do Santa Claus has? (reindeer does, have)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes