"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Someone was saying that Dutch girls are okay but the boys are disgusting. Male bashing is a popular sport all throughout the world.

Screwed Up Girl says that she (and all the girls she knows at Oregon) has hair tangling problems too, despite using powerful conditioner. So it must be the dry climate. And sleeping with wet hair.

My laptop is very fond of zapping me. Usually this happens when it touch its left side, but once in a while it happens when I press the ctrl key. I really should ground myself properly before touching it, or hold a fork in my hand so the spark will jump to the fork, not me, and I won't feel it as it travels to the ground. In other news, I got zapped by the sink today, reaching a new nadir of humiliation.


My favourite test tube washer informs me that Nutella is indeed available in America, so they can enjoy it with their Root Beer. She also generously offered to ship me some A&W Root Beer, until she realised it would be too heavy. In reply I suggested that she boil the liquid until it became powder, and ship the result to me, whereupon I would reconstitute it by mixing with soda water. In any case, though I love Root Beer I do not crave or need it, having even survived for almost a year on Swill (Mug Root Beer) before.

Unable to find an authoritative source on how many times I should reuse deep-frying oil (my mother's in Paris), I've decided on the magic number of five (the original number was four, but my favourite test tube washer says 5 is nicer since it's a prime).

I was feeling a bit guilty when I was frying some schnitzel, since even at a reduced price of €1.14 (down from €1.64) for 134g (or 123g, or thereabouts) it was more expensive than the pork which I got from the market at €4/kg (special offer). Then again, I'm not sure if that was the cut of pork you use for schnitzel (the most expensive cut of pork was ~€4.50/500g). In any case, I later realised that it'd take a lot of effort to pound the meat to the proper thinness (having no meat pounder/tenderizer, I used a glass cup with a potato in it for my cordon bleu the other day and it didn't really work), and to bread it so evenly and in any case I deserve to enjoy some convenience.

Someone taught me the proper way of eating tea biscuits - dipping them in tea before eating them. I'm not sure if the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Indeed, it might be less.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes