"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Quote of the Post: "Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that killing people is wrong?" - Holly Near

Random Playlist Song: Haydn - Harpsichord Divertimento H14 - 04 - 02 - C - Menuet; Trio; Menuet

***

[Advertisement I've been asked to post]

Enlarge your...

... exposure to arts dear. what were you thinking!



Ipod has been selling and the graphic'd explain why.



cmon don't deny it. sex sells. period.



at Raffles Players, we read the market well.


very well.


Catch Greek women exchange sex for peace. and Greek men, dignity for sex.


Lysistrata



Quite Literally Make Love, Not War...


20th / 21st August | 7pm | LT1 | $6




If you didn't get what the above was aiming at: Raffles Players (the RJC drama ECA) is presenting Aristophanes' Lysistrata, about how Greek women stop a war by denying their husbands congress.

Oh, and the iPod "ad" was censored to protect those with delicate sensibilities (ie those who complained about seeing PaRaDoX's moobs).

Those who want to purchase tickets should mail their names, contact numbers and number of tickets desired to Kelly at kelsabun@hotmail.com.

Addendum: The $6 goes to "charity" (Singapore International Foundation, for refugees I think), IIRC

***

My Fiance's Sister

My girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year and we decided to get married.

There was only one thing bothering me, very much indeed. That one thing was my finance's younger sister. My prospective sister-in-law was 20 years old, wore tight mini skirts and low cut blouses. Once my girlfriend announced our plans, her sister would regularly bend down near me and I enjoyed many pleasant views. It had to be deliberate -- I didn't notice her doing this near anyone else.

One day the sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived and whispered to me that soon I was to be married, and she had feelings and desires for me that she could not overcome. She told me that she wanted to make love to me -- just once -- before I got married and committed my life to her sister.

I was in total shock and couldn't say a word.

She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want to go ahead with it just come up and get me."

I was stunned. I was frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. When she reached the top, she pulled down her panties and threw them down the stairs at me. I stood there for a moment, then turned and went straight to the front door. I opened the door, stepped out of the house, and began walking toward my car.

My future father-in-law was standing outside. With tears in his eyes, he hugged me and said, "We are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to our family!"

The moral of the story?

Be smart, like me. Always keep your condoms in your car.

[JumboJoke]

***

I was sorting through the Homepage Comments directory in my mail and archiving old messages, since Hotmail's promised 250MB of storage space is nowhere to be seen (we were supposed to get it in July or "later this summer", damnit!) and I prefer to keep my Inbox below 60%, in case someone decides to mailbomb me with a 300kb attachment *glares at He Who Must Not Be Named*

Amidst the good:

'Improve Your English' was very funny! Your entire site is FUN! I really enjoyed my visit :),

the bad:

fuck you you bastard.That is so not funny.What if that was real? What if that was real and that girl's mother hears what you said. Fake or not, it's still not funny,

and the ugly:

i love girls! im in 7th grade and have 5 girlfriends. it all atters on if their hot or not. also popularity. I also like french kissin'.

There are the occasional notes you'd never expect:

i just wish to thank you.. was feeling very low and down these few days.. cos of some personal tanglements.. would have persisted in my depressed state if not for ur page on "about me". honestly.. i cant tell u why and what perked me up.. was from neither of ur schs.. in ur rival jc somemore.. *smiles*.. i guess.. when u are feeling low.. u just wish for anything to lift ur spirits.. mayhap..

***

metastasis's National Day Post:

"Didn't our ancestors stay under equally shitty conditions? To look at just one segment of 'our ancestors', I'd have to answer: why yes, they did. They stayed after immigrating here in search of jobs, money and a better life–and either they were in time to start seeing some of these after a while, or obligations (lack of money for another move, family here, etc.) held them here. Apparently they are heroes for abandoning their motherland. Why are today's 'quitters' scum? Discuss."

There's a reason why no one talks about Quitters and Stayers anymore.

***

Interview with Yortsin:


1. What, in your opinion, is your best feature?
My eyelashes.

3. If you could be Hitler, Stalin or Mao for a day, who would you choose? Why?
I'd rather be Lee Kuan Yew because he's the man.

4. Which part of the job do you admire the most?
To shape, mould and 'corrupt' the minds of future leaders of Singapore.


I see he hasn't lost his sense of humour ;) Reminds me of my academic advisor, actually.

***

It's been so long since I went to school, I'd almost forgotten what it was like. Today, during Innovations in Technology, I didn't understand what was meant by "inertial mass" and "gravitational mass" (and still only half-understand it). My only comfort was that some girls (who after all are 2 fewer years out of school than I) were muttering after the lecture that he had no idea what he was talking about. Then again, the last time they touched Physics might have been at O levels.


I heard 2 girls (who shall remain anonymous by default, since I don't know their names) introducing themselves to each other. Barely half an hour later, they were talking like they were long-lost best friends.

Women.


There are no water coolers in NUS. Well, they have what they call water coolers, but these are more like hot-and-cold-water dispensers, and to drink from them, you need a bottle, cup or other receptacle to gather the water. Either that or put your mouth below the nozzle.

NUS used to have normal water coolers, but apparently they were all changed last year during the SARS scare. I suspect it's just an evil plot by the Vending Machine Uncles so they can earn more money.

(I *did* see one water cooler that escaped the purge, down by the spectator stands beside the track. Poor, lonely, solitary water cooler. You're the last of your kind.)


When my handphone is in my pocket, I can usually neither hear my ringtone (even if it is set to maximum volume) nor feel the (good) vibrations. So I end up having to call people back and not being able to take advantage of my free incoming calls. Gah.

For some reason, NUS requires us to use 2 login ids (one being our matriculation number, and one being our matriculation number with an extra zero and no last letter), and 2 passwords (one alphanumeric, one numerical pin). The latter, I can understand, given the doors requiring that you swipe your card and enter your pin, but why the former? Argh.

Some people had make up lectures last Saturday (during Rag). NUS - the only place where make up lectures start *before* the semester.


Quotes:

I hope you can join us for the refreshment break later.

***

The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of Adventure Gamebooks

Build a better Bush - "This November, we Americans pick our President, but until then, lets pick on our President. Use the pop-up menues to change Mr. Bush's face."

Three Tampa City Council Members Walk Out on Atheist's Invocation - "Three Tampa city council members walked out of chambers rather than listen to an atheist give the opening invocation."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes