"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, July 27, 2003

In case anyone wants it, music from:

Planescape: Torment

5 pages of music for:
Phantasy Star, ICO and "SAMPAGUITA"
Baldur's Gate II, Diablo II and (some foreign character 2140)
Metal Gear 2 The Other Side and 2 other games the titles of which I can't read
Icewind Dale, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos, ??? 4 and Baldur's Gate
Street Fighter III_ New Generation Arrange (sic) Album and "KOUDELKA"

With my collection eradicated, I fear I will be reduced to listening to semi-popular music due to lack of availability, time constraints and choice. I don't think I will be so bored as to click on random interesting sounding tracks on MP3.com, especially since there are much fewer tracks available for download there than before. Rarer tracks (eg a non-single artiste version, or an acapella version of "True Colors", like the ones I had by a Kokopelli Youth Choir and the Tufts Amalgamates) will also be hard to get since there's no automatic downloading nowadays like Audiogalaxy had.

[Update: I managed to get the Tufts' version. It's sleazy, but not as spine-chillingly intolerable as the original (?) pop version by Cindy Lauper. I compared the two, and in the pop version the woman sounds like, at different parts of the piece, like a whiny 5 year old kid, a gawkish 14 year old, a blasting 25 year old diva, a menopausal 55 year old and a throaty 80 year old grandma. What's more, she slides so effortlessly between voices. It's so creepy, it makes me wonder if they cranked it through a voice processor.]




Ed: Jan 2008 - PYXZ went down long ago, so here's a replacement:


Nice little pamphlet for the conference I went too.

And the SDP wonders why people don't take it seriously.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes