"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, January 19, 2003

I think I'm rather sian of games now. Most times, there's no kick.

The myriad of units in Empire Earth are just too boggling - there seems to be a different unit for every task, sometimes more. It's nice to have Club Men, Spear Men, Slingers, Javelin Throwers, Rock Throwers and such, but they're pretty much too similar, while being too different. Or maybe I should play more extensively rather than sporadically but intensively so I don't get sick of it.

Blackthorne was quite fun on MAS but maybe that's because I hadn't played it for a while, and I was soundly thrashed by the computer in Street Fighter 2. I could never make it at fighting games (except for Acclaim's 1994 Wrestlemania, and I wager Lin Yucheng had something to do with that ; actually I think it was more fun playing most things with Yucheng and Tim).

Anyhow, most of the genres nowadays aren't really very appealing. Real Time Strategy Games are all the same, first person shooters give me headaches, most RPGs too since nowadays most of them have 3D, headache inducing interfaces (Might and Magic 9 and Morrowind for example), I don't like racing or card games and simulation games aren't really that interesting.

I think only good turn based strategy (eg Alpha Centauri) or non headache inducing RPGs (eg Baldur's Gate II) will turn me on now :)

Or maybe most games are too hard for my puny brain to tackle. *gasp*

I also feel very sian of blogging now, but I think that's because of my residual headache.

Gah, my headache is returning. Time to moan in agony.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes