"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Sunday, September 22, 2002

I had another BMT section outing. Attendance was 5/13. Well, I think we'll never get more than 50% attendance ever.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Tze Li's witticisms - unassuming, yet effective :)

When going out in large groups, the rule is that the group will end up eating either fast food, or more rarely, food court food. At Burger King, I was the only one of 4 who didn't upsize :) I remember the one and only time I've tried upsizing a BK meal - that was in the RI days, at Upper Thomson Plaza, just after they introduced 'king-sizing', most probably because I, among others, suggested it. I didn't manage to finish everything, and was very bloated even so.

We watched Simone. It'd been lampooned by the two or three reviews I'd read, but the movie was decided before I arrived, so. In actuality, it wasn't that bad. Then again, I'm very blas� when it comes to my choice of movies. I'll never be a movie critic - movies that are savaged, I usually find palatable, if barely. Movie critics really take their job seriously, lambasting the movies they review unmercifully. I've only seen one or two reviews which give any movie full marks. Why, reading them, you'd think all of them sucked, and the last good one was Casablanca.

Some directors are irritating too. Why do so many want to do or say things with their movies? Why can't they just make a good movie, tell a story well? Many of those that don't try to send a message, or induce brain activity, are cliched and irritating, like Cats & Dogs. I liked it but for the oh-so-predictable plot, and the classic plot device where the gullible hero is blackmailed and tricked by the villain.

"What I want to do with this movie..." is make lots of money.

The biggest gripes I have with Simone is trivial, really. The first involves the mystery that the damage done by a virus, "Plague 8.1", can be reversed by a few keystrokes. A program in version 8.1 would presumably be rather advanced. Then again, it came in a 5.25 inch floppy (where did he get the drive? And why'd anyone install one on such a high end computer?), so it had to be very old. And maybe the diskette was moldy. Another complaint I have, but it involves a review -it said Simone took on a life of her own, but there was but one incident providing evidence of that, so.


I had lunch Saturday at Hotel Rendezvous. 10 hours later, the smell of the Creamy Curry Prawns was still on my fingers :)

I'm affronted. On Friday, when I went to Cineleisure with my father, I got handed a SDS application form. Do I look 20 and above, single and non-graduate? Well, I'm technically all (but the first, and even then only a year away), but...


My sister is enamored of going around spotting women who wear Wonderbras. She's trained Kheng Hwa to spot them too, and tried to teach me once, but I wasn't very interested, though I can probably guess with some certainty. She also likes to label all Asian women seen with Caucasians SPGs, and goes "toot toot toot" when she sees one.


Most or all of the above was typed Sat night at the enlistees' mess. The only drawback - one driver was smoking, and it's air conditioned, so...

One of the drivers says he's been "booking in" for people for a year, but Boon Wei does't know how to sign my signature, so...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes