"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Friday, March 29, 2002

It's rather amusing and sad at the same time.

A large proportion of the weblogs/homepages set up by Singaporean youth are largely one or more of the following:

1) Song lyrics
2) Angst (General)
3) Angst about their breakups
4) Bad poetry

And it's all depressing. Though I usually fight off the effects, unless the page itself (sans content) gives me a headache.


More blowing of my trumpet:

"your pop post is already more than adequate- i have to admit, you're quite a compulsively readable diarist. mainly because your tone totally lacks angst. it's a very straight-faced delivery of ludricously comical situations. it's the Pepysian version of Seinfeld."


It seems some people [NB: That's *so* much better than a mere "you", a "you" without a link to anywhere to give you a clue to who "you" is or, horror, a "you" in bold or italics.] do not like Chinese superstitions. Well I never put much stock in them either. Some ones I abhor which come to mind at first thought:

1) Eating Bananas will make you turn yellow
This was told me by my ex-Chinese Tuition Teacher (the one before my last one). I countered with a, "then won't eating rice make you turn white?"

2) Eating (insert animal part) will make you gain desired quality/ies of animal, with especial reference to the eaten part
This dumb belief why the Tiger and Rhinoceros are going extinct. And if this is true, then all of us should become very muscular. And I shudder to think of what happens when people (not me, I find them disgusting) eat intestines and the link.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes