"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Simpsons on Gender Differences

It seems The Simpsons joined the alt-right in 2006; from Girls Just Want to Have Sums (remarkable how prescient it was):



"We celebrate the first of many, many, many, many diversity forums.
Why is it that women appear to be worse at math than men? What is the source of this illusion or is I call it the biggest lie ever told?"

"You're a worse version of Hitler"

"Please, believe me, I understand the problems of women, see?"

"Haha! The principal's a tranny!"

"Am I wearing women's clothes? I didn't notice. When I look in my closet, I don't see male clothes or female clothes, they're all the same."

"Are you saying that men and women are identical?"

"No, no, of course not. Women are unique in every way."

"Now he's saying women and men aren't equal. No, no, no, it's the differences of which there are none that make the sameness exceptional. Just tell me what to say. *hyperventillation*"

"Attention students, due to nervous exhaustion and diarrhea of the mouth... Principal Skinner is going to be replaced by Women's educational expert, Melanie Upfoot"...

"For too long, there's been an anti woman bias in math. Boys are aggressive, obnoxious and never let us be heard. From now on, I am splitting the school in two, separating the boys and the girls forever... Now that the boys and their atmosphere of intimidation are gone, we can finally breathe. Breathe! Ladies!

Now, let's buckle down and do some math...

How do numbers make you feel? What does a plus sign smell like? Is the number seven odd or just different?"

"Are we gonna do any actual math problems?"

"Problems? *splutter* That's how men see math - something to be attacked, to be figured out"

"But, isn't it? I mean confidence building can't replace real learning."

"Uh oh, Lisa. Sounds like you're trying to derail our self esteem engine."...

"Don't you think it's wrong that I can't get the best math education because I'm a girl?"

"*sigh* I don't have any opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else and everyone is the best at everything."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes