"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Being Racist by Pointing Out Racism

So-called anti-racism activists like to incredulously complain that pointing out racism is considered racist.

Well, there's a racist way to point out racism, and a non-racist way to point out racism.

Consider the two following examples:

Person A: "I applied for a job requiring you to speak Chinese. I am a Malay who speaks Chinese. I was rejected because I am Malay. Singaporean Chinese are all racist scum. They are all immigrants who should go home anyway. Better yet, they should all be sent to the gas chamber!"

Person B: "I applied for a job requiring you to speak Chinese. I am a Malay who speaks Chinese. I was rejected because I am Malay. I was a victim of racism. I am not the only non-Chinese person to which this has happened"

Person A and Person B are both pointing out racism, but clearly one is racist and the other is not (unless you adopt the whole "racism = power + privilege" doublespeak, but that's another story).
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes